Comcast creates reduced-price Internet package for welfare participants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, corporate welfare for Comcast, job security for the cable guy, and pandering for votes all in one.

[The Comcast offering will provide discounted Internet packages to residents who qualify for the National School Lunch Program and other government assistance programs. Comcast hopes to enroll 2.5 million families during the program’s initial launch and millions more overall.

Internet Essentials will supply low income households with high-speed Internet access for less than $10 per month. It will also sell computers to enrollees for less than $150 and provide digital literacy training.

“Clearly, being connected to the Internet is not only important, but vital,” Manchester, N.H. Mayor Ted Gatsas told the Telegraph.]

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/09/22/c...ckage-for-welfare-participants/#ixzz1Z19dCOhb

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't see anything in there about funding by tax dollars. Are you people really getting your panties in a wad because a company is offering to help people out of its own pocket?

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't see anything in there about funding by tax dollars. Are you people really getting your panties in a wad because a company is offering to help people out of its own pocket?

Maybe we are. I know I work hard for everything I have and to know that people get the same things I get for free or at a great discount gets under my skin. I cant stand that some of the reasoning behind many of these things is so that they dont feel like less of a person or some crap like that. Like many people I have to pay all my own bills and if i cant afford it I dont get it. Used to be if you wanted something you just worked harder, now just wait and someone will give it too you. That is a great lesson to teach kids.

MLRyan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

It's not funded by tax dollars. The problem here is they are marketing to a economic demographic that relies on government programs(tax money) for financial support. See, their income comes from tax money. Why do they need my tax money for internet/tv?

Latest posts

Top Bottom