Compact .40 suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Springfield Armory EMP in .40S&W

SA's EMP in .40 is about as compact as you can get and because it's an all metal gun the snappy recoil of the 40 will be controlled as well as one would expect.

I don't have one. It's on my list to get. It's a $1200 gun. It looks like a 1911 and is except for the EMP it's not just a short barreled 1911. The parts have been resized and optimized for performance and reliability while maintaining the 1911 design.

Check it out.

88horizon

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a friend that we shot his S&W Sigma .40 and it's a great gun, but we have noticed the trigger has a hard pull (like 10lbs). The gun is a good value if you like the trigger... Academy has them for $319 + a $50 mail in rebate from S&W = $269.

rh6585

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a friend that we shot his S&W Sigma .40 and it's a great gun, but we have noticed the trigger has a hard pull (like 10lbs). The gun is a good value if you like the trigger... Academy has them for $319 + a $50 mail in rebate from S&W = $269.

sigmas aren't exactly compact, but yes a great bargain if you can stand the trigger.

trickydick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you haven't already bought your carry gun you might try a walther PPS(which I carry, very light/compact and a great trigger) or a Taurus 740, I don't know much about them but they are very compact and slim.

Latest posts

Top Bottom