Conflicted on Remington 700 Trigger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clackamas Jack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Aright, I am conflicted on if I should replace the trigger on my Remington 700. I did some research and spoke with some other members of a 264 Win Mag group and confirmed that my rifle is much more rare than I initially thought. From all the very little information on this rifle it appears this is a limited edition CDL customer ordered by Big Rock Sports back in 2006-2007ish. Big Rock Sports had 2 runs of this rifle and the first run was an total of 150 rifles. 75 stainless steel fluted CDL's in 264 Win Mag and 75 blued fluted. An unknown amount of 2nd run rifles were ordered by Big Rock Sports but it appears they were all Stainless Steel Fluted barrels. These were never on thr Remington website for order as it seems these were a Big Rock Sports exclusive. I was intending to shoot this rifle and potentially hunt with it but it appears it falls within the Remington trigger recall. I was thinking about getting a Trigger Tech trigger for it for safety reasons. I am conflicted if I should leave it stock due to apparent rarity of this particular rifle being 1 of 75 from the info I have found on it. Any advice is appreciated and or tips. I am not a particular fan of negligent discharges if I can help it. I posted pictures for reference in the rifle I am referring to.

Attachments

• 20230129_205646.jpg
    20230129_205646.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 4
  • 20230129_205716.jpg
    20230129_205716.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Concur with above posts. A trigger swap is a very temporary modification...MAYBE, depending on model, you might have to take a little off of the inside of the stock to get it to fit. Either way; 5 minutes after you change your mind back you can have the rifle back to stock and nobody but you will ever know it wasn't.

Latest posts

Top Bottom