Cook County proposes "Violence Tax"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Violence Tax. Yep, I'm all for it as long as they tax those who are committing the violence. But, that creates another problem. They probably didn't have jobs when they committed the crime and the weapons they used were probably stolen. And if they're in jail, how are they going to make any money to pay the tax?

Arin Morris

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Violence Tax. Yep, I'm all for it as long as they tax those who are committing the violence. But, that creates another problem. They probably didn't have jobs when they committed the crime and the weapons they used were probably stolen. And if they're in jail, how are they going to make any money to pay the tax?

Welfare?

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why cant the violence tax just be a tax on violence? Like when someone commits any act of violence, be it domestic abuse, assault, bar fight, w/e. All guilty parties are subject to $1,500 tax for their stupidity.

Now notice I said guilty parties. Meaning if some drunken idiot starts a fight with you and witnesses say you were just defending yourself or you are in some way the victim but still ended up serving up a nice warm plate of whoopass you are not subject to the charge.

It would be nice if saying was corrected to read "If you're gonna be dumb you better be tough...and rich."

rebel-son

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I am sure all the "people" who are voting for obama and his liberal allies will pony up that tax. once again decent people have to pay for animals.

If the decent people are smart they will just buy in the next county.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why cant the violence tax just be a tax on violence? Like when someone commits any act of violence, be it domestic abuse, assault, bar fight, w/e. All guilty parties are subject to $1,500 tax for their stupidity.

Now notice I said guilty parties. Meaning if some drunken idiot starts a fight with you and witnesses say you were just defending yourself or you are in some way the victim but still ended up serving up a nice warm plate of whoopass you are not subject to the charge.

It would be nice if saying was corrected to read "If you're gonna be dumb you better be tough...and rich."

Its already a law.....dammit someone else thought of it

Latest posts

Top Bottom