Cool Things to Photograph?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The title says it all. I'm looking to go on a local photo safari, and I'm looking for cool things to shoot. I'm most interested in local color: what makes this area unique? For now, I need to stay in central OK, say no more than 50 miles from OKC. Suggestions? Who has something cool nearby?

advmotoxc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That really depends on what you like really. It's sort of a "colorless" part of the season for nature photos (trees, flowers, plants, etc.)

What kind of equipment do you have.

I find all sorts of stuff to photograph around the house, been playing with off camera flash for different lighting. It's going to rain here tomorrow I think, and that makes some pretty neat photos.

I have also been taking a few in downtown Tulsa, in the right spot (which is sometimes in the middle of the street) you can get a great backdrop.

If all that fails, you can always photograph butts, like been suggested.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nikon D-70 with lenses from 18-300, an SB-600 flash, and I could probably lay hands on other stuff if I needed to.

Think of it this way: if you had family in another part of the country who had never been to Oklahoma, and could send, say, a dozen pictures, what would you send?

KenL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sunrise: SE corner of NW 150th & Council looking east over a small tree.
Sunset: SW corner of NW Expwy and Piedmont rd. There is an old rustic cabin with a windmill beside it.
You can google earth/street view those places to see them.

roachjuice

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I play with this.
img.photobucket.com_albums_v515_mobite_0A4BC7B9_9BCE_4B4D_BAFD_81C7D6327281_530_000000341EF7E0DC.jpg

Photo abandoned buildings etc. anything you can think of.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like the poster above said Route 66. There are lots of great shot opportunities on the drive between OKC and Tulsa. Old tractors laid to rest, some dude has a tiny train on tracks out in his yard, there's on old broken down mini golf park or water park or something which makes for some neat images and a couple of the small towns are old enough that they have cool buildings in their downtown areas if you like to photograph older architecture.

If you like more modern stuff, capitalize on the new additions to OKC like the big scissortail feature over I-40, the Chesapeake boathouse, the Devon building, etc.

Latest posts

Top Bottom