Cop Refuses to Work at Gay Pride Parade in Utah

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not saying that at all. Common sense would dictate, to avoid a problem, let the gay cops work the gay parade.

So you don't think saying "OK guys, I need all the homosexual officers to sign up to work the gay pride parade..." might cause a bit of a problem??? What if there aren't enough gay officers willing to do that?

Denver PD has to work 420 fest, NOPD has to work Mardi Gras, Chicago PD has to work Lolapalooza, etc, etc. If seeing "unsavory" things offends your delicate sensibilities, you shouldn't be a fawking cop. Work your assignments or get fired - it should be that simple. These lifesite.news "firefighters" sound like a bunch of pusssies who need to take an accounting job somewhere. So sorry they "endured" some queers acting goofy and having fun. Sounds like hell.

This.

Uh, use discretion? When a police department works a large event where drinking/drugs/debauchery is commonplace, that's generally what the officers do. They are there to help keep things under control and keep people safe as best they can.

Smoking pot in public is illegal in Denver. On 4/20, downtown has tens of thousands of people smoking pot in public. I think they wrote 100-something citations last year, mostly to people smoking conspicuously in the streets. They were there to have a presence and keep the idiots from acting like idiots. Nudity is illegal in the street in New Orleans. During Mardi Gras they usually give one warning for a tit flash.

Yes, because it's "their parade" "they can likely get away with behavior that would get them arrested if they tried it in the local Applebee's. Festival/parade/concert law enforcement is generally a bit different than it is on any other day.

Public intox/open container? If the thousands of people at Tulsa Tough yesterday who were wasted show up in that neighborhood wasted with a drink in hand tomorrow, they would likely end up in the back of a cop car. Why is it difficult to understand that events like this are handled differently? Most of them aren't gay events, either.

What the hell man??? Are you saying officers should use common sense? These folks who detest "zero tolerance policies" in schools, DEMAND zero toletrance from officers on the street when it comes to something they disagree with. Officer discretion should be outlawed! :saywhat::police2:

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
True enough but mardi gras isn't a celebration heterosexuality.

Pretty sure it's basis was related to religion...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mardi_Gras

On the other hand those festivals in Japan certainly seem to be a celebration heterosexuality...

Japan: Nothing says springtime like penis and vagina festivals

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/japan/100315/japan-penis-japanese-vaginas

Might not want to open this page at work or around the kids...

https://www.google.com/search?q=jap...6oyATIuYLwCQ&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAg&biw=1301&bih=641

Last edited:

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What the hell man??? Are you saying officers should use common sense? These folks who detest "zero tolerance policies" in schools, DEMAND zero toletrance from officers on the street when it comes to something they disagree with. Officer discretion should be outlawed! :saywhat::police2:

i.imgur.com_0jFKOO6.jpg

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't........nice pic you took though:)

Thanks. I was too afraid the sun might come out and my whitest parts would burn to go that skimpy. I made an effort, tho.

i.imgur.com_exB8ieS.jpg_c4ca4238a0b923820dcc509a6f75849b.jpg

Most officers do. It's just the whiny ones that make the news over stuff like this - it's a shame because it's really bad PR for police in general. The vast majority of the officers working any crazy event I've ever attended were nice, professional and helpful and I'm glad they were there.

Yeah, these folks demand zero tolerance until it's them wanting the discretion to be applied to their case. Then they'd be pleading for the officer to "make an exception".

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Refusing to work a parade or any other function that is receiving authorized police/fire/medical services = Dereliction of duty.

Refusing to be a forced participant in an event, like those insane gay fest parades = Justifiable and defensible.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Refusing to work a parade or any other function that is receiving authorized police/fire/medical services = Dereliction of duty.

Refusing to be a forced participant in an event, like those insane gay fest parades = Justifiable and defensible.

Yep ... (seems I'm stalking you these days ... :P) GC's had more than one assignment that neither he nor I really wanted him to have to fool with ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom