Corn Prices

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Todays price on corn at the elevator is $6.08 per bushel. Bushel is a little over 50 lbs depending on the moisture content. I buy it in bulk, having the elevator drop it into a trailer, then take the trailer around to the feeders and fill. I really need to start using the wheat cleanings, but the wind is so bad, its hard to keep corn on the spinners. I keep the spinners close to the spout, but it still blows a bunch off. I'll try the 4 cornered ones if I can find them.

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can still only find it around here for 10.50/ 50lb bag. The additional gas to go to claremore to save $60 probably won't ballance out.

I tried something the last time and bought 14% protien pellets (horse feed). It was more expensive (approx $15/50lbs) but the volume / 50lbs was about 20% more than corn so it made up for it a little. I mixed 50lb corn and 50lbs of protien and the deer seem to love it. I have pictures of them reaching up and hitting the feeder motor to get more. I'm hoping the increased protien helps them out during the winter after this rough summer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom