Lets see those boats and lake preference

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishincoop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody had any experience or know somebody that works at Blue Wave boats in Seminole, OK??

I picked up a brochure at a marine dealer in FL panhandle, scratched my head about saltwater boats being made in OK. I’m just curious about any dealings with company or opinions about their boats.
image.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I wasn't racing it, we would take it to the lake and hang out. Boat would run over 150 MPH in a 1000'. True Cheyenne tunnel hull with a 2500 HP blown alcohol injected Donovan. Sorry not the best picture.
View attachment 464093

Awesome ride! I'm Jealous. Always wanted to experience that much horsepower on the water.
Closest I got was an SS Taylor with a 455 Olds engine in it with a couple of mods. It would hit 92 mph in the 1000' with a racing jet drive. The fuel bill to putt around the lake was tremendous though and it didn't last long because I couldn't keep my foot out of it.
The 375V Ranger with a 200 Merc and chopper prop would get over 70 mph, but that 17.5' boat would get almost all the hull out of the water and be too scary for me at least to go further.
My little 75 hp is just fine now.

dan45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Awesome ride! I'm Jealous. Always wanted to experience that much horsepower on the water.
Closest I got was an SS Taylor with a 455 Olds engine in it with a couple of mods. It would hit 92 mph in the 1000' with a racing jet drive. The fuel bill to putt around the lake was tremendous though and it didn't last long because I couldn't keep my foot out of it.
The 375V Ranger with a 200 Merc and chopper prop would get over 70 mph, but that 17.5' boat would get almost all the hull out of the water and be too scary for me at least to go further.
My little 75 hp is just fine now.

My dad had a Taylor SS with a 455 Olds. Many fun times in that boat.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've owned multiple boats (Sea Ray & Baja) but now have the best boat ever - member of the CL Boat Club which means I pay an annual fee and have access to boats anytime. Tritoons, Cobalts and ski boats loaded with whatever the kids want (Skis, tubes, wakeboards, etc) this has made boating much less of a headache.

Favorite lake now is Eufaula but it would have been nice if Carlton Landing would have been built on Grand.

I do rent out my Lakehouse so if anyone is ever looking to stay in Carlton Landing, message me and it'll be cheaper than booking through LakeStay...

Image 3-23-24 at 4.18 PM.jpeg

ghickstx

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My little 75 hp is just fi
Not on my shift!

Not on my shift!
Hade the lake patrol stop me from time to time put the 8 baffles in the zoomies and I was legal they let me go on my way.

Latest posts

Top Bottom