Corona Virus- Panic Buying

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just going to leave this here....

upload_2020-3-10_10-26-39.png

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
COVID-19 mortality rate is orders of magnitude higher than influenza. 3.4-5.9% from what I am seeing. The common flu in the US has an average mortality rate of 14.9 per 100,000... COVID-19 on the same scale has a predicted mortality (based on current numbers) of 3,400 per 100,000.

This is the same as the flu, measles, mumps, and the common cold. Pretty much any virus, really.

Isn't the 3.4-5.9 based on incomplete info do to China and Iran not giving actual statistics. The places hit hardest by the virus are not following norms so it is skewing the statistics. Not saying do not be aware just do not think I need to be buying a case of toilet paper LOL.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/jan/26/coronavirus-link-china-biowarfare-program-possible/

"China has denied having any offensive biological weapons, but a State Department report last year revealed suspicions of covert biological warfare work."

And You do not have "any basis in fact" that the CV was NOT developed in the Chinese LAB.

So that makes both of our opinions SPECULATION.

The CDC came out and said that this virus does not have the genetic markers generally found in man made virus'. So until something comes out refuting that I tend to stay away from that train of thought. Could the CDC be lying... maybe, but why would they, China is already the boogie man so if it were the truth it would make no difference.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Isn't the 3.4-5.9 based on incomplete info do to China and Iran not giving actual statistics. The places hit hardest by the virus are not following norms so it is skewing the statistics. Not saying do not be aware just do not think I need to be buying a case of toilet paper LOL.
I don't know the source of those numbers but they are higher than I am seeing elsewhere.

Michael Armstrong

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Both New Jersey and New York have declared states of emergencies.

In New York, Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced the most rigorous actions to date to combat the spread in New Rochelle, which he described as the "most significant cluster in the country" and accounts for the lion's share of the surging caseload in the tri-state area.

Those measures include deploying National Guard troops to a Health Department command post and setting up a satellite testing facility and one-mile, two-week containment area in the city. Public schools in that containment zone will be closed through March 25; National Guard troops will help clean surfaces and deliver food in that one-mile radius.

Latest posts

Top Bottom