Cox Convention Center Arena

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ricor

New to the site!
Reaction score
I will be visiting your fine State for the Red Earth Festival. My main concern is can I carry in the Cox Convention Center Arena? Also any advise on common CCW situations in regards to the law. Thanks All.

ricor

New to the site!
Reaction score

kriket1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only time I have been to the Cox arena was for a concert and thay had security with mettle detectors I don't no what the red erth festival is or if thay will have security just something to keep in mind

50Shooter

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was refused entrance as a full time commissioned and certified police officer here in Oklahoma, even though I had all my credentials and was 100% legal. Not to mention I'm a CLEET Certified Firearms Instructor, in my 40s, and taking my child to a concert.

I asked to see an OKC Police Dept. Supervisor. He confirmed what I was initially told and refused me admittance. He said OKC would not let their own officers carry off duty in the Cox Center. I could understand his concern if it was a strip bar (Ok, below the belt joke :)

I would have just left but the concert was a big deal to my daughter. I walked 3 blocks back to my car and secured my handgun, then returned to the venue.

While I was inside the "bowl" I looked to see the Police presence and saw almost none.

I spoke to a lawyer and he suggested next time I simply ask them to arrest me. He was of the opinion they could not restrict me therefore the arrest would be false and I could retire early with the lawsuit proceeds.

Did not sound like the hill I wanted to die on. I've never been back to the Cox Center and likely will never return.

We welcome all commissioned officers to be armed, on duty or off, at venues where I work. There are some restrictions where we are working with the Secret Service doing dignitary protection but that is rare. Even then with a credentials check they would likely be allowed.

I came home and disconnected Cox Cable, Internet, and phone service from my house. They are free to think that way just as I'm free to not do business with them.

Fiddy

Latest posts

Top Bottom