Coyote hunting opportunity NW OKC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pokechoke

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
If this is not the right forum location please let me know.

In search of:

A responsible hunter for predator control. I am an avid gun owner but just don't have the time or knowledge to hunt them. They have never been shot at and are not educated to hunters.

15 minutes NW of Quail Springs Mall

160 Acres of wheat pasture, trees, brush and 2 acre pond.

No previous hunters for the past 25 years on this or the adjacent properties in the section.

The problem:

I raise club lambs (show sheep for youth FFA and 4H projects). We typically lose 3-4+ lambs a year to coyotes. In other words, there are a lot of opportunities to hunt. It is getting to be expensive. No one is on the 3 adjacent 1/4 sections other than a herd of about 75 cows and calves, which they take their crack at as well.

I have looked into guard dogs, etc. but these seem to be marginal at best. I figured someone land locked in OKC or the area might like a place to come hunt.

Possible bonus:

We also have deer, turkey, a few quail, bobcat, fox etc.. If the right person/persons worked out with the predators I would be glad to let you come back for the game animals.

As said before, I don't hunt and this is my family's 4th generation farm we live on. I did put out a corn feeder a few years back just to see what was out there and had tons of deer come in.

This is a free opportunity to develop a relationship that I think would be mutually beneficial.

If you are seriously interested please PM me.

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What a great opportunity, wish I was close enough to help.

Just a suggestion, to really make a dent in the coyote population, your best bet is to bring in a trapper.

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get a mule. They protect the heard like no other and are happy to kill a yotes if it gets close.

OP, sorry for the normal hijack.

Will they protect cattle too? I ask cause Dad lost a fresh calf last week to yotes. How much care do mules need?

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
i'm surprised it took that long to get a pm sent! i was busy doing this silly thing called work and missed out!

Latest posts

Top Bottom