Critics rip Biden proclamation that Easter Sunday is ‘Transgender Day of Visibility’

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did I? Would you be talking about the cartoon? If so you REALLY missed the joke.
1712168554267.png

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's politics. Fault with the other side will always be found when someone wants to find it. And again, i never said the statement was good or bad. I said it was ironic that the need to be offended actually brought more coverage of the proclamation than ignoring it would have. And as i said, which i acknowledge you aren't the one to answer, I don't understand why the transgender issue is specifically in conflict with Easter beyond occupying the same day.
I do agree with you and buddaman PERHAPS on one sticking point. Should the Whitehouse have events oriented or relating to to the public regarding religious holidays, my feelings probably not. As for the first family they should be allowed to celebrate, whatever holiday that may be. On the other hand the Whitehouse sponsoring the Easter Egg hunt or holiday related is not a good thing, since just like now we see it being manipulated. This should also go towards the Transgender Day of Visibility. All one needs is money and or the will to do it.

I do tend to side with Christians for many reasons (like I said, I am an agnostic):

1) Without Christianity and its role there may not be a United States and have influenced our laws greatly
2) In general (not all) many seem to be charitable and accept people and all their quirks in general
3) With the exception of a few, there are many charitable Christian organizations that have done much good
4) Christians now are the victims of prejudice and hate (Example, "Christian Nationalists" narrative.)

Yes, there are many hypocrites, but just because they exist is not a reason to criticize an entire group of faiths whose ideal is to be better humans. .

Last edited:

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do agree with you and buddaman PERHAPS on one sticking point. Should the Whitehouse have events oriented or relating to to the public regarding religious holidays, my feelings probably not. As for the first family they should be allowed to celebrate, whatever holiday that may be. On the other hand the Whitehouse sponsoring the Easter Egg hunt or holiday related is not a good thing, since just like now we see it being manipulated. This should also go towards the Transgender Day of Visibility. All one needs is money and or the will to do it.

I do tend to side with Christians for many reasons (like I said, I am an agnostic):

1) Without Christianity and its role there may not be a United States and have influenced our laws greatly
2) In general (not all) many seem to be charitable and accept people and all their quirks in general
3) With the exception of a few, there are many charitable Christian organizations that have done much good
4) Christians now are the victims of prejudice and hate (Example, "Christian Nationalists" narrative.)

Yes, there are many hypocrites, but just because they exist is not a reason to criticize an entire group of faiths whose ideal is to be better humans. .
1712184328995.png

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Just to straighten out one of your thoughts, ALL of us Christians are hypocrites. After all, while we try to live the Christian life, we still ALWAYS manage to sin and thus, fall short of the perfection of Jesus Christ. However, we do still try to be better, so we attend church and gain inspiration from others to help us.

And, as for your #4, we Christians have always been told to expect to be persecuted, thus the prejudice and hate.

Latest posts

Top Bottom