CZ 52 / 7.62x25 Tokarev Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Freeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have somehow stumbled upon the CZ-52 pistol, and looking at the ammo prices I am thinking that I need one. Does anyone have any info about these guns or TT-33s, or just the Tokarev in general ? Any feedback is is appriciated, it is said that the Russian rounds run about 1,400 FPS, and the Czech at 1,600?! Sounds like a Com-Bloc .357 Sig to me.

Thanks in advance

angsniper

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I had one but sold it to fund another project. Mine shot good. It was mean! Yes, between 14-1600fps is right. Threw brass about 20ft! Odd shaped grip took some getting used to. I actually put shrink tubing on the trigger because it would give me a blister if I shot it a bunch. Always functioned perfectly for me.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
very good reliable pistol. ammo is powerful and cheap in surplus. cz 52 is a heavy gun. not very pretty.

firing pins will eventually need replacing w/harder pins.

rmark

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Funny you mention the trigger - I had the same problem. Hurt to shoot more than a magazine full. Plus i couldn't hit anything with mine.

If you buy it, be aware that some have worn decocking mechanisms and may fire when decocked.

doctruptwn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 52 is hotter than the 357 sig. They are good guns, some of the edges are a bit sharp. The thing kicks like a mule on steriods, but they are great fun to shoot cause you get fire about 2 ft out of the barrel.

Cautions: Don't trust the decocker, most of them don't work and will fire the pistol. Don't dry fire it, It will break the cast iron firing pin. Spend a few bucks and have some extra's on hand. The ammo will go through a IIIa vest or kevlar helmet.

rrd101

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had a Norinco tokarev chamberd in 38 super & 7.62x25 great little pistol.
It was a handful to hold on to with 7.62 barrel in it with those skinny grips The czech ammo is
machine gun ammo I think,that's why it's hotter

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
CZ 52 is stronger than the Tok. Best for those with big hands. Took me a while to learn to shoot mine. I never really liked it, and sold it several years ago.

Either of these guns will annoy those in adjacent lanes at the range, and hearing protection needs to be real good. As someone already said, they put out a lot of muzzle flash. In low light they are very dramatic. For this reason (and the fact that the little fast .32 bullets are real penetrators) they are not a good home defense choice. CB

RedneckZombie

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the CZ52. Its a great truck gun but its to heavy to carry concealed. The 7.62X25 is a mean round. It'll roll a coyote at 50yds without even breathing hard out of the CZ52. Only gripe is the firing pin. Mine broke and i'm going to replace it with a aftermarket machined steel one.

Jeff Freeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks alot for the feedback guys, it helps alot. That being said i'll go ahead and ask another Q, so now that i'm definitely going to get one when I have a little extra, would you get the CZ52, TT33, or another 7.62x25 i'm not aware of? I'm leaning towards the CZ because I have actually put hands on one at the shop, it seems over-built which is good for the position i'm going to be playing it at (Ranch gun, plinker, opportunistic shots at coyotes or a boone & crockett class water jug.) Also has anyone hit OKC gun shows and seen these ? Thanks in advance.

Jeff

Latest posts

Top Bottom