CZ P-01 9mm Search

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Manna

Marksman
Reaction score
GREAT BOARD! Been lurking here for a while as a guest and just now “officially” joined.

After a lot of research I’ve narrowed my 9mm compact search down to a CZ P-01…but now I can’t find one to buy. I prefer to support local merchants (OKC area) if possible, but the main gun stores either don’t carry them or can’t get them because they are out of stock. Even most of the online stores show them out of stock. Looks like this is a very popular gun.

Academy Sports has a CZ PCR Compact. It’s a good option, but I really like the looks of the P-01 with the accessory rail.

I know a couple members here have a P-01. Did you guys get these locally or online? Any suggestions on where to find one at a reasonable price would be appreciated.

Thanks!

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
GREAT BOARD! Been lurking here for a while as a guest and just now “officially” joined.

After a lot of research I’ve narrowed my 9mm compact search down to a CZ P-01…but now I can’t find one to buy. I prefer to support local merchants (OKC area) if possible, but the main gun stores either don’t carry them or can’t get them because they are out of stock. Even most of the online stores show them out of stock. Looks like this is a very popular gun.

Academy Sports has a CZ PCR Compact. It’s a good option, but I really like the looks of the P-01 with the accessory rail.

I know a couple members here have a P-01. Did you guys get these locally or online? Any suggestions on where to find one at a reasonable price would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I thought the PCR compact had a rail too (but was DA/SA). I've got a P-01 but I bought mine as Lash's Gun Emporium back when he was still in business.

I know 2nd Hand Rose's pawn shop over in Tulsa is a CZ dealer, but I don't know who on your side of the state carries them. Budsgunshop.com would be your next best bet, but they've been out of a lot of their CZs for a while (don't know what's up with that).

Might have to break down and hit up gunbroker.com.

I will say that the P-01 is a very good choice for CCW if you're comfortable with Decocker guns (DA first trigger pull, SA for each trigger pull after that). Personally, that's most of my handguns, so I'm ok with it, but a lot of folks have a hard time with that first trigger pull being longer/heavier than subsequent trigger pulls.

The P-01 really isn't necessary over some of the other compact guns, but the addition of a rail is sort of cool if I ever needed it - I will say that it makes it much easier to find a nice IWB holster that fits it (the M&P and Walther P99 holsters all seem to fit the CZ P-01 well enough to be secured when IWB).

If you're going to have a holster made for it - then an Ugly Bald Guy holster is the way to go - Nate is a good guy and his holsters are top-notch (I've gotten rid of a Milt Sparx VM II in favor of one of Nate's holsters).

Manna

Marksman
Reaction score
Thanks for info. Just got an email from Budsguns saying they have them back in stock. Guess I'll pull the trigger on it there…I know - sorry for the pun :)

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

I *won* this over at the CZ Forum on Christmas day. I've never seen a forum have such a great Christmas giveaway before! Picked it up today and so far I've cleaned it up and polished the barrel to a nice silver. Note that it is marked "CZ 75 D" instead of P-01. There was a huge demand of P-01 some time ago and some of the Euro marked ones like this were imported to meet the demand. If you order a P-01, don't be surprised if it comes as a P-01 marked or a CZ 75 D marked one.

I was going to suggest www.wholesalehunter.com for your quest to find a P-01, but I checked and they are out of stock.

[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]

Thanks,

Alan

Manna

Marksman
Reaction score
Well I did it – bought it from budsguns!

Alan – WOW what a nice give-a-way you won. I need to join that forum too. Thanks for the note that it might be stamped CZ 75 D instead of P-01. I saw that on some other posts too.

EZ and Ronny– thanks for confirming the “good” decision on this gun.

I’ll try to keep you guys posted once I get it.

Thanks again!