CZ shotguns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry if there's been a thread on this already, but "CZ" is too short to search for and I couldn't think of a way to lengthen it apart from writing out "Česká Zbrojovka"

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone had any experience with CZ double guns. I know CZ has a great reputation for handguns, and the price is right, but I've shot enough shoddily made doubles (a rustbucket Remington Peerless my dad had comes to mind) to not want to repeat the experience.

S&W 10

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
While I don't own a CZ, I do have a DeHaan S1 28ga SxS that has few thousand rounds out of it and so far has been a great performer.
The CZ's are made by Huglu; the DeHaan's are semi-customs made by Huglu to Mark DeHaan's specs, then are reinspected/tested and any defects remedied before being placed on the market.
From what I've heard and read, CZ's service and customer relations departments have a good reputation and will treat you right if there is ever an issue with their product.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I owned a Huglu CZ a few years ago and can report favorably about it. A coach gun type configuration with 18" SxS blued barrels, case colored receiver and a nice hardwood stock and forearm. The workmanship looked solid and professional to me. It shot bird shot ammo with light perceived recoil. The hammer spurs were fun to cock, the double triggers worked well, but took a certain amount of extra concentration mentally for me to remember to move my trigger finger back to fire the second barrel. Too many years of shooting single trigger repeating guns, I diagnosed. 2 3/4" 00 Buck shot rounds recoiled sharply out of this light weight, short barrelled shotgun. Which brings me to the WARNING FROM UNCLE RICH, if you dare to load and fire 3" 00 Buckshot ammo out of this light weight shotgun, shoulder it firmly, mount it like it is welded into your shoulder pocket and lean forward and take the recoil like you love it. DON'T fart around and fire it from the hip, thinking the big kick won't hurt that way. When your trigger finger is pressing on the rear trigger and the shotgun fires, if not mounted solidly, the free recoil will propel the gun backwards, easily breaking your grip and the front trigger painfully gashes your trigger finger. This caused a 2-3 minute delay to the break-in shoot that day, while I finally made good use of the first aid kit stowed behind the passenger seat of my truck for many years. Lesson learned.

Latest posts

Top Bottom