Daggers, Dirks etc.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The switch blade repeal allowed for the automatic part. This allows for the double edge, so yes after Nov 1 you will be able to carry a double edged automatic knife.

I would define a dagger as having a fixed blade. This latest change should remove any doubt on the legality of carrying an auto knife with double edges.

jhat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It did create a grey area of law when the autos became legal. Was an OTF with a dagger blade legal. An argument could be made both ways. This new law makes it clear. Been wanting a couple of dagger OTF's, Benchmade Infidel and Pagan. Don't know if Protech makes an OTF dagger, but if they do I'm in. Benchmade and Protech are my go to Autos.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The switch blade repeal allowed for the automatic part. This allows for the double edge, so yes after Nov 1 you will be able to carry a double edged automatic knife.

That's what I was wondering about. I knew about the switchblade repeal (been happily carrying my Microtech Godson since November 1st, 2015 :-) ). I was just wondering about the double edge part because I've seen a couple of knives with that feature that I liked, but I'm not going to buy a knife I can't carry.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
fixed blades are already legal, long as they're not bowies, daggers, etc.
Unless the law has changed fixed blades are legal to carry only when hunting or for other legitimate sporting purposes. Swords, daggers, bowies are (were) on the prohibited to carry list.

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
been carrying a fixed blade for close to ten years now, they're legal to carry, as long as they don't fit the "bowie, dagger, dirk" description. single edge fixed blades have been legal for a long time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom