Dangerous or not. IT HAD TO DIE!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ai258.photobucket.com_albums_hh272_dblystone_Image2.jpg

I felt it necessary to get the air soft pistol and do some target practice. Only took a shot or two to blow it away. My set of Launch codes had expired in July. Otherwise my backyard would be a quiet place for a few thousand years.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The circle of life ended for this little beauty. I could only find 2 legs when I got done.

I can't ever remember seeing mud dobbers around my house. I know I haven't knocked out any of their nests lately. Did once. The next was ocupied by a spider. he died to.

Davs2601

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One almost got me on sunday while i was cleaning the garage. He was hidden in a rain coat. I quickly threw the coat, squealed like a girl, and then proceeded to do a horrible rendition of a river dance ontop of said rain coat. Im sure if anyone saw me that it was quite entertaining while also lethal.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We had killed a BW in the sandbox before. So I'm careful to check that sucker out before we let the boy play in it. From what I read that looks like it could be a male BW. Not as dangerous as a female. But it still needed to die.

Whitey: I was thinking I would have some messed up dreams last night. i looked for about 30 minutes at spider pictures trying to confirm that was a BW. I gave up.

usmc1986

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I corrected myself. This is a black widow. The Females are large, significantly larger than males (males almost look like a baby spider in size comparison). Also the "Red Hourglass" is on the underside of the abdomen on a black widow, not on top like in that picture, they do have red sometimes outlined by white on top, the shapes on top of the abdomen do vary.

I can't stand spiders.

This is a black widow female looking at the "red hourglass on the underside of the abdomen---->
awww.doyourownpestcontrol.com_blackwidow4.jpg

Male and female for comparison ----
aimages.medicinenet.com_images_SlideShow_black_vs_brown_egg_sac_s8.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom