Debt Ceiling Vote Has Mil Pay in Crosshairs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spamby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.military.com/news/article/debt-ceiling-vote-has-mil-pay-in-crosshairs.html

After all the b.s. that the government does. I hope that all the senators and house of representives don't get paid. Better yet freeze all their bank accounts. Maybe they would be more inclined to work on the budget without all the b.s. between parties. Alot of Americans are going to hurt all across the board. Why can't we all just be Americans instead of Repulicans or Democrats and all the b.s.

JPK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm guessing that some 75% of the House and Senate members are independently wealthy (really effing rich in the first place). The other 25% are well off enough that they don't worry about much. Freezing their congressional pay and personal bank accounts would be an exercise in futility. I say make them accountable - responsible for their actions.

To get their attention, how about a law that states: No budget? OK. go back the budget we had 3 years ago and every org gets a 25% cut across the board. OH - your Fed Org wasn't created until 2 years ago? POOF - its gone.

Just my two bits (inflation)

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I say get rid of entitlement programs. I'm a democrat but half the things we give out are stupid. Stop aide to foreign countries who won't return on the investment (Africa, Middle east...) and bring our troops home unless there is a 80% or better chance that where they are is a direct threat to America.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Same thing almost happened during the Carter admin. while congress was prepared to give itself a 50% raise. Entitlement??? No my military retirement isn't, it was earned!!!!!

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.military.com/news/article/debt-ceiling-vote-has-mil-pay-in-crosshairs.html

After all the b.s. that the government does. I hope that all the senators and house of representives don't get paid. Better yet freeze all their bank accounts. Maybe they would be more inclined to work on the budget without all the b.s. between parties. Alot of Americans are going to hurt all across the board. Why can't we all just be Americans instead of Repulicans or Democrats and all the b.s.

Hopefully it won't come to a shutdown spamby. The 'news' industry and 3 or 4 politicians get a lot of mileage out of stuff like this. Don't let all the nonsense get to you. Even if there is a shutdown there will be a provision for military pay.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I say conficate all their wealth and put toward running the country. Let them live paycheck to paycheck and their retirement changes to SS. Let the only raise they get be voted on by the people and nonperformers a chance to be voted out by the people. A 25% raise to our military. Just a start.

Latest posts

Top Bottom