Bank of Oklahoma apologizes for "delaying direct deposits"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
TULSA, Okla. - Bank of Oklahoma (BOK) customers who were expecting a direct deposit this morning are wondering where their electronic payments are.

In a BOK Facebook, post the bank company said, "We are aware of some issues affecting accounts this morning and apologize for the inconvenience. A third-party vendor has had an outage that is delaying direct deposits and electronic payments. We are working to get all systems back up and running as quickly as possible, and appreciate your patience in the meantime. And, please note, these issues are impacting multiple financial institutions and are unrelated to larger debt ceiling/economic issues."

Stan King is a BOK customer and he says that he will be late on his mortgage payment, but he reported a line of customers at a Brookside location that were saying they didn't have gas money or rent.

"For customers who live pay check to pay check, not receiving your deposit can be a major issue," said King.

Rachelle Shepherd was expecting her $3,600 VA check to hit her account today.

"I have $25 dollars in the bank. I need to pay groceries and my mortgage," says Shepherd.

She also has a 19-year-old son who she says is on the spectrum. Shepherd wanted to take him to urgent care today, but she is unable to cover the co-pay.

Shepherd has been checking her phone all morning to see if the funds have gone through.

"I was told that they were working very hard to fix the issue, but they were not sure when it would be fixed," said King.

FOX23 will update this story as more details are confirmed.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had five direct deposits yesterday, to a BOK account, from various sources, each a regular monthly deposit, and every one of them were deposited correctly. According to the information from BOK, the problem seemed to be with a third party ACH operation, so only certain deposits were late.

Last edited:

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a choice of either paper check or DD and i choose paper dont trust DD just like auto pay dont trust that system either. I will pay my bills myself that way i know they get paid and always keeps enough cash around for emergencies so i dont have to rely on banks of any kind. Like everything else man made if it is electronic it is going to break and go down at some point.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had five direct deposits yesterday, from various sources, each a regular monthly deposit, and every one of them were deposited correctly. According to the information from BOK, the problem seemed to be with a third party ACH operation, so only certain deposits were late.

This wasn't related to yesterday's deposits.

Sounds like contradictory information to me. First blame a unnamed third party, then say they are working to get all systems back up. Right.

We are aware of some issues affecting accounts this morning and apologize for the inconvenience. A third-party vendor has had an outage that is delaying direct deposits and electronic payments. We are working to get all systems back up and running as quickly as possible, and appreciate your patience in the meantime. And, please note, these issues are impacting multiple financial institutions and are unrelated to larger debt ceiling/economic issues.

Latest posts

Top Bottom