deck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gmyers09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
kicking around the idea of building a deck. i want to to be 17x20 and i am going to use treated lumber. has any one built one of this size lately? trying to get a ballpark on how much the material is going to cost.thanks

maxim240sx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I built a small one in my backyard last year. Its 9x12. I just went with 1x6x12' planks they ran about $8-9 each. Your deck is over 3 times the size of mine. I think I paid around $160 for the top alone, so your looking at probably $500 plus whatever it cost for the frame and posts, plus the screws if you go that route. I think mine came out to around $250-275 all said and done.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
mine is around 14x19 and my costs were in the 1700 range after railing and lattice around the bottom. one thing i didn't count on was the number of screws. as i got into it, i was securing more and more. at 28 bucks a box and four boxes later... whew

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been thinking of building a deck as well. But once I started considering the lumber costs, additional treatment to the wood and eventual replacement costs, I decided to move away from wood. I have been thinking of using flag stone for the floor and get a steel awning for the cover. Those materials should out live me by the time I'm done.

Latest posts

Top Bottom