Deer Fever Venting Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coltcombat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If ya got the fall fever, feel free to vent.....

I dont hunt archery season, ML is 4 days away.
The last two years I spent helping newbies harvest their first whitetail.
Now, I got the greenlight from my wife for a 3 day hunting weekend. (Oct 23)
I just got my new ML sighted in, and bought my tags...
I'm running out of things to do. Lol

Recently started doing more research of moon phases and it's effects on deer.
Anyone know much about it?

:50cal:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If ya got the fall fever, feel free to vent.....

Recently started doing more research of moon phases and it's effects on deer.
Anyone know much about it?

:50cal:

I've looked into it, and some hunt using the moon phases. It would be interesting if one kept a journal of the moon phases, noting the times you were out and the moon said it was the best time to hunt.

Kingmarine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, I have it bad. Didn't get to go last year so it's worse now than before. My wife is calling it October November Syndrome. Not sure what I can do about it, but everytime she wants to talk about something I end up talking about something having to do with hunting and she gets disgusted and walks away. Oh well, at least my daughter is wanting to youth hunt next year....

Can't wait until after work so I can start packing my stuff up for this weekend.

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've decided to start keeping a journal of the deer my camera gets at the feeder to determine if the moon has any effect on when they move.

With what little I've seen it confirms what I already knew. Early season the hunting is best during a new moon or right after a rain.

BTW why not get into archery???? It will help cure that deer fever and give you an experience that you'll never believe.

Good luck next week for all the smoke pole guys. I plan on having the Knight out in the woods in hopes of thinning the does.

WNM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Buying the tags tomorrow and shooting the ML this afternoon. I don't have a scope on it, so just got to make sure the irons don't need an adjustment.

T-Money

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had it bad since the end of last season. Since I live in California, I can only get back for Thanksgiving to hunt and visit the family. Deer hunting in CA is a joke so I don't even try, but the pigs are really good.

Last year I let three really good 6 points and a big heavy beamed 7 point walk. I am really hoping they are still around and are bigger this year. Mine and my buddy's spot has turned out a 130 class and two 140 class bucks the last two years.

I can't wait to get back there this year and get my fix. I am truly addictied to hunting. Kingmarine, I know exactly what you are saying about every conversation turning into hunting. I am doing the same thing with my fiance. She is very supportive though. I got lucky.

Good luck to you all this season.

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had it bad since the end of last season. Since I live in California, I can only get back for Thanksgiving to hunt and visit the family. Deer hunting in CA is a joke so I don't even try, but the pigs are really good.

Yeah I gave up on hunting when I was out there and just hunted everytime I came home on leave.

Good luck when you get back this way!

Latest posts

Top Bottom