Dell computer Hard drive question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was given a nice Dell computer, but they pulled out the Hard drive, because it was used in a business. How do I go about getting a new hard drive, and how much do they cost? Thanks

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not a problem. They sell them all over the web. You just have to make sure of the interface type and then buy the appropriate 2.5" drive with the right interface or adapter.

ultimase

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
how big and how soon do you want it?

Price will largely depend on how much space you want, and how soon you want it opens you're options to either best buy or buying online ala amazon.com or newegg.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
don't forget you'll need an OS

Make sure you have enough RAM to support whatever OS you go with. Check to see if you have SETA or IDE connections. No matter which one you buy, you can always buy connections to make the drive work. Hard drives are fairly cheap now. You can get a 500gb for $44 shipped. Plenty of space. Hell, for a few bucks more, you can double your capacity and get a 1 TB drive.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its a desk top. I don't know much else about it. I may just have someone look at it.

give me a shout and you can bring it by...If you need OS media for it I can probably throw the OS on as I have a copy of some of the Dell OS media...

I can even tell you what type of hard drive you need if you just give me the model or service tag

Latest posts

Top Bottom