Dems proposing another $3 trillion "stimulus" plan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually, when the first stimulus was still in Congress, the Dems in the House tried to get a lot of these "non-stimulus" items into that bill as well. The Senate balked, and I think I remember Trump saying that it wouldn't get past him either.

That said, we can NEVER let our guard down against the Democrats in Congress, regardless of which "branch" they are in.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't like bailing out all those cities and states that got themselves into the mess they are in. I'd like to see the clause in the US Constitution that gives Congress the power to take from the people everywhere in this country to give it to a slew of ne'er-do-wells. They put themselves in the predicament they are in, they can get themselves out.

Woody

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The truly sad thing is, when this fails, this will swing lefties further left, and moderates toward that side too. Don't care who it is, they love free money.
And therein lies the real problem-"free money." The Democrats are buying loyalty, votes and souls with their giveaways and it comes from hard-working citizens of this country that pay taxes. With the "free money" thre should be taxes so at least we have some sort of return on our money. Some decades back, everyone paid taxes on their earnings and I am of the belief that that should be reinstated but it never will within my lifetime. People that don't pay taxes vote and they vote for things that matter to them-money, rebates, Earned Income Credit etc. But congress doesn't care what our thoughts are or what we like.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm hoping they fail miserably, and that this attempt at extortion of the American people exposes them for what they are, and they are wiped out in the upcoming elections. We must get some real leadership in place if we are not going to destroy this place. And by the way, that includes some republicans too ! But I'm afraid that too many Americans are either to ignorant or uninformed to do what needs to happen.
Not going to happen. The left is the left and with minor numbers they will stay left. They never received any news but CNN or MSNBC and know nothing but what has been fed to them by the propaganda arm of the DNC.
I watched the evening news with David Muir tonight. (calls himself a journalist) In the past 3.5 years the first 5 minutes of his segment was trashing Trump about Russia, Russia, then impeachment, impeachment, then whatever.
Tonight after the biggest news story of the last 3.5 years about obbummer and his staff unmasking General Flint and the Trump team before and after the election, Muir never said a word about it.
If your a liberal you never heard about it and will vote liberal down the road.
The Media in this country in some cases has done a wonderful job of exposing wrongdoing, but in this case about Trump, they have became a propaganda arm of the DNC.
They reminded me of Bagdad Bob or whatever his name was during the US invasion of Iraq today. He was on TV commenting about how the Iraq forces were driving back the US invaders while an Abrams tank was driving by behind him just like the lame stream media was today, ignoring the bombs going on around them.

https://www.theatlantic.com/interna...b-and-his-ridiculous-true-predictions/274241/

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And therein lies the real problem-"free money." The Democrats are buying loyalty, votes and souls with their giveaways and it comes from hard-working citizens of this country that pay taxes. With the "free money" thre should be taxes so at least we have some sort of return on our money. Some decades back, everyone paid taxes on their earnings and I am of the belief that that should be reinstated but it never will within my lifetime. People that don't pay taxes vote and they vote for things that matter to them-money, rebates, Earned Income Credit etc. But congress doesn't care what our thoughts are or what we like.

I see indifference too from the other side of the aisle. When they announced the stimulus, conservatives flipped their lid, rightfully so. It's an enormous amount of money my kids and grandkids will have to pay back. But that outrage soon turned to a sense of "Well, might as well get mine too." People disgusted about it politically yet super proud to show off their new toys. Whether they agree with bailouts and stimulus or not, people love free money.

Latest posts

Top Bottom