DIAMOND BACK SIDE KICK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Trigger pull was way to hard. So was cocking the hammer. Had to take the gun apart to get to the hammer spring . Cut 1/4 inch or 2.5 coils off hammer spring.. Going back together the hammer bushing was a bear had to compress hammer spring . Also had to take a paper clip & push the hand toward back of gun. Was hitting same spot in the mud at about 20 yards all 9 times

Attachments

• IMG_1987.JPG
    IMG_1987.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 3

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When you guys slowly pull hammer back in SA does the cylinder lock not engage fully until trigger is pulled? Mine does this with both cylinders so just making sure it's by design. DA always locks up like normal. First time playing with a revolver so ignorance is bliss!:hithead:

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When you guys slowly pull hammer back in SA does the cylinder lock not engage fully until trigger is pulled? Mine does this with both cylinders so just making sure it's by design. DA always locks up like normal. First time playing with a revolver so ignorance is bliss!:hithead:
I'll have to get mine out and check. I haven't really paid attention to that.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I need to handle one of the Sidekicks. I might just need one to go with my lever action .22 rifle. I wish they made one with a little longer barrel.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I need to handle one of the Sidekicks. I might just need one to go with my lever action .22 rifle. I wish they made one with a little longer barrel.
They definitely have some heft to them with the steel barrel and cylinder so not cheap feeling by any means. Looking forward to shooting mine, but work keeps getting in the way. I wouldn't have mind having some straight flutes on mine if it was an option.
20230412_140853.jpg

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

In SA, mine locks when the hammer is fully cocked. I would say it is just a little bit more loose until the trigger is pulled. But only enough difference to just barely tell the difference.

Latest posts

Top Bottom