Dick Metcalf leaving Guns & Ammo!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got the issue out this morning and re-read the article. Let me preface this with I have never really like Metcalf's writing, but I just don't see the controversy.
Was it his comparison of the words regulated & infringed? That's a debate that has been going on for years, one which is not likely to end anytime soon. Was it the fact that he pointed out that gun owner's need some kind of training before concealed carrying?
Who hasn't been to a gun range and witnessed someone putting others at risk with improper handling of a firearm?
I can see this could be a very slippery slope, give the government an inch and they will run us over in there will armored vehicles, but just because Metcalf advocated training as part of ccw laws doesn't make him anti gun.
Maybe I over simplified the article, maybe I didn't read into it enough.
I am sure I will be flamed for this writing, but I'm a big boy and can handle it. I couldn't care less that he and his editor had to step down.
I support the 2nd with all my heart. I would love to have constitutional carry in OK. I have been a gun owner for over 30 years. I am a lifetime member of the NRA. I have also had hundreds of hours of firearms training and just don't see the controversy.

fized.....take a breath, its easier to read that way.....LOL ...;)

Defnestor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't want to sound mean and evil, (I am, but I don't want to sound that way) but the only way to undue the PR damage he's done, is if he announced that he was suffering a brain tumor. If he truly wants to correct his gift to the anti-rights crowd, he'll drink diet soda out of aluminum cans until he HAS a brain tumor

Latest posts

Top Bottom