Different sizes (diameter) of RCBS shellholders

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ahlosojoe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I came up with an RCBS shellholder that is bigger than a standard shellholder. Can anyone tell me what is the purpose of the larger shellholder? Check out pic. Thanks for your help. I hope all you OK Shooters have a Great New Year. Joe
IMG_2255.JPG

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My eye says those are for two different calibers, the one on left is Rcbs while the one on right looks more like lee and the Lee on right appears to have a flat bottom for use in a hand priming tool.

ahlosojoe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I came up with an RCBS shellholder that is bigger than a standard shellholder. Can anyone tell me what is the purpose of the larger shellholder? Check out pic. Thanks for your help. I hope all you OK Shooters have a Great New Year. JoeView attachment 150347
Cowcatcher both of these shellholders are RCBS . They are the same length. They will both work to hold brass in your press. The only difference is the diameter of the holders. Thanks for looking. I should have made this plainer.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I ‘think’ I have some of those larger diameter shell holders. Never really thought about it as long as the numbers jived. I get the curiosity though, why bigger the diameter?

Latest posts

Top Bottom