Dirty Brass Problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinbender75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Thumlers Tumbler I use for cleaning. I use the brass media and dishwashing soap. I get nice looking brass not super shiny. No big deal I am being lazy. But his batch I cannot get clean. The water is really dirty and the brass looks horrible, if you wipe it off with a rag it looks great but it just seems like the residue is just gummed up on the cases where as usually no problem. I am pretty sure I have cleaned my cases after shooting lead before, so I don't know? I used the tumbler for three hour and they looked bad so I rinsed everything off and went overnight still bad this morning?? I thought Lemi Shine and cream of tarter were for shine? Correct me if I am wrong. It just seems like I need something more powerful than soap this time. Thanks

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

I've got some 3mm ceramic sphere media for wet cleaning in the classifieds. Not sure what is going on with your brass though. Have you tried different cleaning solutions?

Thanks,

Alan

Latest posts

Top Bottom