Dirty Harry Strikes Again!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I kinda like the big recoiling guns...to a point. A couple of times I've fired all 6 shots in my 29 as fast as I could pull the trigger. It's actually a little fun in a masochistic sort of way. I like big-bore lever guns, too, like .45-70s and .450 Marlins. Not saying I wanna go out and shoot 100 rds...but 5 or 10 rounds on occasion is just fun.

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those Smith's are beautiful pistols, but won't handle full house loads very long and if you load real hot loads, they will likely come apart.
If you want a fire breathing monster, look at the Ruger Super Redhawk. Not sure one can load one hot enough to make it come apart, although I'm sure somone had done it. There are idiots everywhere.
Not sexy looking, but it is built for real magnum loads.
My favorite , Super Redhawk 44Mag 4 inch barrel , Scope over comes short sight radius.

Attachments

• IMG_1632.JPG
    IMG_1632.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I kinda like the big recoiling guns...to a point. A couple of times I've fired all 6 shots in my 29 as fast as I could pull the trigger. It's actually a little fun in a masochistic sort of way. I like big-bore lever guns, too, like .45-70s and .450 Marlins. Not saying I wanna go out and shoot 100 rds...but 5 or 10 rounds on occasion is just fun.
Im not particularly recoil averse. I think I’ve shot most of the handgun magnums, and some have been stout and some were uncomfortable. But that 329 with full power 44mag ammo was truly brutal. I shot 6 cylinders thru it once, ONCE. First cylinder and a half hurt, a lot. Didn’t feel the last 27 or so shots. My hand went completely, totally numb. I’ve read the x-frame grips make it tolerable. Probably should have tried those before I sold it. But if you’re a backpacker/backcountry hunter that doesn’t plan to shoot it a lot- it’d be a fantastic gun. Wish I still had mine. If nothing else, it was fun to watch people fire a round thru it for the first time, haha.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
See Magnum Force. When the traffic guys asked him what kind of a load he shot in the 44, he replied 'light specials for better control and less recoil'.
He says it again in "The Enforcer" when Tyne Daly is asking him about liking the load "for the penetration."

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Im not particularly recoil averse. I think I’ve shot most of the handgun magnums, and some have been stout and some were uncomfortable. But that 329 with full power 44mag ammo was truly brutal. I shot 6 cylinders thru it once, ONCE. First cylinder and a half hurt, a lot. Didn’t feel the last 27 or so shots. My hand went completely, totally numb. I’ve read the x-frame grips make it tolerable. Probably should have tried those before I sold it. But if you’re a backpacker/backcountry hunter that doesn’t plan to shoot it a lot- it’d be a fantastic gun. Wish I still had mine. If nothing else, it was fun to watch people fire a round thru it for the first time, haha.
I don’t mind shooting my colt anaconda or super black hawk at all. I don’t understand the recoil complaint.

I won’t try shooting s 329. That’s just nuts.

Latest posts

Top Bottom