Discolored Shotgun Brass

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven’t fired, or owned, a shotgun in probably close to 20 years, so I have likely forgotten anything I might have known. These loads, 12 and 20, were found in the home of a recently deceased fellow here in OKC. His widow brought them to me, along with a strange assortment of “stuff”.

Are these reliable enough to use? Any comments?

Crap, I forgot to add the pics.
6EB5539A-9F4C-4465-86F2-687B6CEE1D07.jpeg
A1C77A6A-C52D-4F7F-979A-30492503EB3C.jpeg
6E0D8C43-E1EC-4801-AFF0-E3715DEC2254.jpeg

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
We shoot corroded, rusted, etc waterfowl loads every year. They get wet, end up in the bottom of the shooting bag or blind and don't always get used that year, find them at the end of the season when cleaning out and use them the next year. Any discoloring or corrosion areas on the brass won't be weaker than the crimp on the hull. I'd shoot them without hesitation, unless they're reloads, and you don't trust his reloading practices.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I see the pic now.
I would shoot all those without hesitation.

Are they really brass or just brass plated.
Stick a magnet to them shotgun shells guys.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, there are not reloads. This is an odd deal. This guy was a well know bass player in OKC. He and his wife have need separated for at least 15 years, but not divorced, so everything in the house, including the house is hers. The guy was never into shooting of any sort. Never owned any firearms other than a broken Daisy BB gun and an inexpensive black powder 410, both of which have found homes with a couple of OSA members.

So, if there is someone that would like to have these, and can make an easy handoff, they can be yours.

I’m in the OKC / Moore area.

Latest posts

Top Bottom