Discovery Mermaids documentary

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, so I have always had a fanciful imagination, but if you want your mind blown, you need to watch this show. Serious mind-blowing stuff. Its called Mermaids, the body found.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought it was pretty damned silly. It was pretty horrible and you could tell a lot of it was scripted. I thought the video of they "body" was laughable, especially where it jumped out...

ahamay6

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That show pissed me off for days. Why? I'll tell you. I started watching it late one night and when I couldn't finish it DVR'd it so I could comlete it the next day. I was absolutely intrigued and as you said had my mind blown. That is, right up till the last segment when the "creature" yelled at the boy on the beach. Then, I thought, surely not, this has to be fake. Started researching it only to find that it was completely for entertainment and the only real science was the audio recordings of unknown origin. Pissed me off. Maybe shame on me for being gullible, but(please disregard the next statement if you are a American Guns/SOG hater) this is the Discovery channel and anything on said channel should be scientific or at least somewhat real. All I know is that show runed my week.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yup...total fabrication. If you saw the previews you probably wanted to watch it. Once you did watch it you were probably a bit irritated...it should never have been on Discovery, instead the SciFi should have done it. I wish I would have missed it.

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yup...total fabrication. If you saw the previews you probably wanted to watch it. Once you did watch it you were probably a bit irritated...it should never have been on Discovery, instead the SciFi should have done it. I wish I would have missed it.

This. It would be a great scifi flick. Like planet of the apes.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I watched it the other day part way into it and a couple min in I was like, wow this is crazy! After seeing how crappy to "actual" footage was I figured out it was a spoof. Kind of pissed me off for discovery to show that crap.
I agree, real science is for discovery channel and that crap should be for the sic-fi channel.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I really wish I hadn't posted this. I was 25 minutes into it, and I was totally sucked in. The vid where the creature grabs the kid had me second guessing it. Once it was over, I started looking stuff up. Kinda bummed out, I wanted that to be true. Some of it makes sense, but this really irks me that Discovery would do this. I almost told my wife that this could be a "war of the worlds" situation, but I didn't. Turns out, I really wanted to believe. OH well. It was great show, especially if you gave it more credence due to the Discovery connection.

Latest posts

Top Bottom