DNC: Government is the only thing we belong to

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does "belong" mean "be owned by" or "participate in / affiliate one's self with?" in this context?

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/belong
2a or 2c ?

I'm not defending the poor choice of words; it definitely was an unwise thing to say given context of a progressive political rally. But someone could just as easily say "I belong to the Tulsa Gun Club" or "I belong to the Masons" or "I belong to the Patriot Guard."

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did those tools really use the term "faux outrage"? Those clowns should know, they invented it. They walk around looking for crap to get their skivvies in a twist ALLTHE TIME!

#*^&^$*(# HIPPAHS!

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did those tools really use the term "faux outrage"? Those clowns should know, they invented it. They walk around looking for crap to get their skivvies in a twist ALLTHE TIME!

#*^&^$*(# HIPPAHS!

On the flip side, if you're perfectly content with the status quo, you'll never want to make anything better.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In that context, belonging is a choice you have made. Belonging to the government is not a choice according to the dims.

One could make a deep political philosophical statement that, simply by virtue of being here, you don't have a choice but to participate in interactions with your government (be it voting, or getting a building permit, or even simply paying sales tax).

But I'm just entertaining myself with this exercise. I by no means think it was a good choice of words, nor am I trying to defend or interpret them.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On the flip side, if you're perfectly content with the status quo, you'll never want to make anything better.

Oooooooookkkkkkkkkkkaaaaaayyyyyy. I will contribute immediately to the Whiner's Defense Fund and summons all the Wambulances to Charlotte for ya.

Crying about being offended don't fix nothing. That is all these people do.

Latest posts

Top Bottom