Do you trust .380 ACP?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you trust the effectiveness of the .380 ACP?

• Yes

Votes: 60 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Depends

Votes: 19 21.1%

• Total voters

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been known to carry a .380 autoloader, but have in the past carried .38 revolver because i trusted the stopping power of the .38 +p more than the .380. but the .380 would be a lot easier to get follow up shots with, and ammo capacity isn't an issue. Granted, with training, you can get pretty quick with .38 revolver reloads. But i remember the lessons of Newhall and the 1986 miami shootout. in the Newhall Incident, four officers stopped 2 suspects. all 4 officers were killed in the ensuing gunbattle, one of them was killed while reloading his revolver. The suspect ran up to him, and put a bullet in his brain from behind. He didn't have a speedloader for his .38.

So i was hoping to pick ya'lls brain, lot of experience in these boards. maybe get a different perspective on the matter. they say the .380 is a marginal round, how do you feel about it? the FBI wrote it off as insufficient, and in winter idk how it would perform. these days, they have really good pocket 9 MM options such as the Sig p365. it's still not a pocket pistol, like the .380 or .38 can be.

Do you trust the .380 with your life?

OneMoreEvan

This is bowling, there are rules. MARK IT ZERO
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Shield EZ in .380 was enough to scare off the crackhead in the alley when I was taking my trash to the dumpster. I didn't have to use it, but just the sight of it was enough to convince him he had better things to do. Carrying anything means you're ready for 99% of the situations you may encounter. I'm not a police officer and I'm not planning on going into any gunfights in my free time, so I'm okay with .380

wolfkpr

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I figure its really not enough for general service, but it is better than .22, .25, .32- or anything else ive seen the fit into a 9 ounce pocket gun. If i can- i carry something bigger, but there are times you have to wear a tucked in shirt, etc- and .380 is better than nothing, for the times when i cant get away with something bigger.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I carry pocket .380 all the time. Primarily for comfort and convenience. Especially wearing gym shorts in summer.

As previously said, I also consider it a “get off me” gun. As in last resort, I feel super threatened and the person is right on me…

Now if I’m running towards the sound of gunfire to be a hero… I’d absolutely want a bigger round and more capacity

Latest posts

Top Bottom