Do You Want Constitutional Carry in Oklahoma?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you want Constitutional Carry in Oklahoma?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did I say anything about a minimum "required"? No
I asked one man his opinion on a minimum level of training that he things would be a good idea.

What do I think the minimum level of training a responsible person should be willing to VOLUNTARILY obtain in order to ensure the SAFE and EFFECTIVE protection of themselves and their loved ones?

Basic handgun safety

Basic handgun marksmanship

Basic legal training on the lawful use of a firearm for self-defense

I don't see how anyone could reasonably dispute that. The NRA and NSSF offer good basic safety and marksmanship programs. The state could set up a free online training program for the law part.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who is your rep?

David –

Thank you for your e-mail.

I have supported every single pro-Second Amendment legislation that has come through this Legislature, including the policy commonly known as “open carry.” I support the rights that Oklahomans have fought for, and I think it is no exaggeration to say that Oklahoma has some of the most gun-friendly laws in the nation.

If you are asking whether I would support repealing our current open and concealed carry laws, I do not support that at this time. Though I value all the feedback I receive from constituents, I can recall no other person in my five years in office asking for that action to be taken. It is my impression that my constituents, and Oklahomans in general, are satisfied with their current gun freedoms and are mostly focused on making sure that no federal action or national interest group does anything to erode them.

Having said that, I very much appreciate your feedback and will keep it in mind.

Thank you again for your e-mail.

All my best,
David

http://www.okhistory.org/images/kids/sealcoloringpage.jpg
Senator David Holt (R – Oklahoma City)
Thirtieth District of Oklahoma
Chairman, Appropriations Subcommittee on Select Agencies
(405) 521-5636
[email protected]
Facebook: /davidfullerholt
Twitter: @davidfholt
Instagram: @davidfullerholt

Sent: Thursday, July 23, 2015 9:52 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Constitutional Carry

Dear Senator Holt,

My name is David XXXXXXXXX, and I live in your district. Yesterday I spoke with someone in the Governor's office that was not well informed, as well as someone in your office, and Representative Kern's. The issue I have is this: Constitutional carry, also known as permitless carry.

Now I am not against Constitutional carry. I am a big supporter of it. As I have read, and understand the law, Oklahoma honors visitors from other states that have a carry permit to do so here. That's awesome. As well we should. As I also understand it, Oklahoma honors visitors from other state that have passed Constitutional carry to do so here. There is no permit required, as their state does not require it. That said, Oklahoma allows Constitutional carry for some, but not Oklahomans.

I take great issue with this. Either the State recognizes Constitutional carry, or it doesn't. If ANYONE should be allowed to do so (and all adult, non felons should) it is the citizens that live here, and pay taxes here, and vote here. It is black and white. Not grey. I am SICK of getting grey answers about this. I am SICK of politicians giving grey answers about this, and any other issues.

When I spoke with someone in the Governor's office, the person that called me back was not well informed on the matter. She did not realize that our state honored permitless carry for visitors from permitless carry states. I gave her the statute information after a quick Googling. "Oh," she said. After dodging the issue, she finally said that Fallin was in favor of permitting. Why? Why, to keep the "crazies" from carrying. I explained why that was as illogical as it is, but the discussion was pretty much over at that point. It was clear that this was the end of an intelligent conversation.

Next, I called your office, and spoke with a nice young lady who wasn't really sure, took my number, and had your aide call me this morning. She was friendly and helpful, but could not give a solid black and white answer on your position on this. Just grey.

Finally, I called Representative Kern's office. Her aide was extraordinary. Not only was she very aware and informed about any topic we discussed, she had a very black and white, yes or no on Representative Kern's positions, despite my upfront telling her that I did not agree with the Representative's position on religion in government, and human rights (gay marriage). I would be a libertarian, if I could vote in the primaries still. I am disappointed in both the red and blue parties as they currently are.

So here we are. Your turn. Black and white, no wordy answer, yes or no. Do you support Constitutional carry for Oklahomans?

Thank you,

David XXXXXXXX

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would be against REPLACING our current SDA laws with CC. I'd be for SUPPLEMENTING our current SDA laws with CC. For someone who never travels out of state, an SDA permit would be unnecessary. Some of those same people may not be able to afford the approx. $200 tab to get an SDA permit.

For the rest of us, getting and maintaining an SDA permit would make sense.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would be against REPLACING our current SDA laws with CC. I'd be for SUPPLEMENTING our current SDA laws with CC. For someone who never travels out of state, an SDA permit would be unnecessary. Some of those same people may not be able to afford the approx. $200 tab to get an SDA permit.

For the rest of us, getting and maintaining an SDA permit would make sense.

I would agree with that. I would agree with that as a temporary fix, as any state with a law restricting toting iron violates the Constitutional rights of any American, being a local or not.

I have a voter ID card. It was free. Why is that? Because it is my Constitutional right to vote. There was no fee. There was no hoop to jump through. No background check. No expiration date. It is my right. The 2nd Amendment guarantees my right to keep and bear arms. To put conditions, fees, and limits on that right violates my Constitutional rights, and it violates yours.

Latest posts

Top Bottom