Doing a gun transfer to California, you wont believe thir going rate for a transfer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowboy2000

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Despite the costs, there are a lot of gun owners out there. Went to a range in San Diego on a weekend recently, there were absolutely no vacancies and people waiting in line for a cancellation. The only chance for a range vacancy is during work hours on a weekday. If you wanted to make a ton of money, open a gun range in CA.

B

BK7saum

Are you sure about the out of state sales tax? Sold a rather expensive shotgun to a guy in Cali and if there was out of state sales tax involved, that would add up quick. I think he was in northern Cali.

Oh, and Cali is definitely on my "wouldn't want to live there" states.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know first hand of a certain gun store in del/midwest city (try to guess which one) that charged $135 for ffl transfers... more if they thought they could get away with it.

SoonerStatePawn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shipping to California can be a pain. There are several States that I ship to where you must include a copy of a sales receipt so that the FFL doing the transfer can collect sales tax. If an invoice is not included they charge sales tax on the MSRP. You also have to register with California and ship the firearm with a CFLC approval letter. Then you've got to make sure the firearm is on their "allowed firearm" list and blah blah blah. I'm glad to be in Oklahoma!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom