Don't let anyone ever tell you we didn't battle our son at bedtime.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well bedtime came tonight and Luke proceeded to go through his usual routine of throwing a fit when he got in his bed. Sometimes it just a crying fit. Sometimes its a kicking fit. Sometimes he does a fit of kicking and screaming and flailing about. Well tonight he lunged into his headboard on his bed. Barely missing the bumpers we still have from his crib.

Here is the aftermath. cut the edge of his eye a bit. He was crying so it looked like he bled more than he actually did. That will be a good shiner(first if I remember correctly) in a day or two. I'll get pics of it as well.

ai258.photobucket.com_albums_hh272_dblystone_DSC_0150.jpg

POSITIVE DISCONTENT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have six of those things.... Warm bath, warm milk, relaxing music or movie and out like a light. If that fails use duct tape. . . just remember the first lap goes backwards so you leave no evidence for the authorities....

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have two one 22 and one 17 we use to take my oldest for a ride in the truck to get him to fall asleep,that was back when gas was cheap!

been there done that. Back when he would fall asleep in the car and not wake up when we moved him from car to bed. I had to pull that out one day earlier this month. I was trying to get him down for a nap so I could go meet a member to sell a gun to. After 2 hours of trying I said forget it. Threw him in the Jeep and headed off. He was out before we hit Morgan road on Reno. Slept for an hour in the car.

10.5stang

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess my son thinks he is going to miss something but when it's bed time he goes into super energy mode. It's like he is on crack or something?!? I am going to just start sending him to Uncle RustyZX9's house or put him in the back yard.

RustyZX9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess my son thinks he is going to miss something but when it's bed time he goes into super energy mode. It's like he is on crack or something?!? I am going to just start sending him to Uncle RustyZX9's house or put him in the back yard.

Colt always looks like he thinking about pulling a switchblade on me. lol... Bring him over at bedtime and I'll put the ole sleeper hold on him, out in no time. If that doesnt work maybe a piledriver from the top rope will do the trick!

In all seriousness these are some of the best times you'll ever have with your boys, take the time to enjoy every second. My daughter just turned....... 17! She's almost to cool to hang out with dad these days. lol. I remember when she was the age your boys are at now and thought I ruled the world, I miss those days with her.

HiImSeth

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ahh.. niiice. I'm surprised Elijah hasn't had a similar bed-time injury yet. We're still trying to get him to go to bed easily on his own. For me, he usually will lay down while I chill in the room w/ him for about 20 minutes and he's out. With his mother though it usually takes a good 1.5 hrs or so of him messing around, laying on the bed with his head hanging off the edge, getting out of bed to 'clean his room', needing milk or eggs (wtf), etc. He doesn't do a lot of screaming flailing fit throwing though, which is nice. With another baby due in May we have to get this lined out soon though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom