Downward Spiral? USSA selling 360, Rogers, shoot house...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have no feelings to hurt, I dont know what the "old" USSA was like as I've only been a member there a little over a year. I have, however, lived in many places and know how to appreciate a good facility when I come across one. I've yet to claim it is the end-all shooting facility, but its certainly towards the top of the list of places I've personally been to in the 6 states I've lived in. Every facility will have that one guy (sadly, more than one) who will just not be satisfied by following a few very simple rules, and will complain about everything possible. It seems they did themselves a favor by not satisfying you as I suppose I wont have the pleasure of encountering you out there. WIN!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh get over yourself.
1-I went on a moment's notice to see a buddy's new gun. So no, "earpro" was not something I had. And for 20 bucks a ten cent pair of plugs thrown in would be nice. Not jacking the price up. USSA isn't what it used to be. Every time I've been there its had less to offer and the price has gone up. Riddle me that.
2-When you are joining a party who has already surrendered licenses there is no need to take everyone's. Again, short notice shoot and my time was limited. Given one was a member it was bs to demand mine.
3-I addressed the dogs to help a delivery driver who was afraid to get out of his truck. So..theres that.
4-Buddy's truck had tires in the grass while we unloaded his gear. I'm sure you get off my lawn type will still defend that.
5-I own my own gun range. Am a member at two private ranges and will always give a business a fair and honest assessment. I stand by my comments on that place.

Regards.
Here is the bottom line, You're a Jerk.
If you're a real shooter, you would have ear protection with you at all times. You're whining about range rules at a world class facility is indicative of a know nothing about how a range has to work, the insurance requirements, and the liability that those ranges have to pay for as well as you don't know the history of the range, and its original owner and his desire to have the best shooting facility in the US. It's a shame he died.
The rules of the range are do not park on the grass. If you or your ilk do not understand that, you're ignorant of the rules. Its simple. Don't park on the grass Not even one tire.
If you own your own range please stay there and don't bother the rest of us with your idiosyncrasies.

Last edited by a moderator:

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh get over yourself.
1-I went on a moment's notice to see a buddy's new gun. So no, "earpro" was not something I had. And for 20 bucks a ten cent pair of plugs thrown in would be nice. Not jacking the price up. USSA isn't what it used to be. Every time I've been there its had less to offer and the price has gone up. Riddle me that.
2-When you are joining a party who has already surrendered licenses there is no need to take everyone's. Again, short notice shoot and my time was limited. Given one was a member it was bs to demand mine.
3-I addressed the dogs to help a delivery driver who was afraid to get out of his truck. So..theres that.
4-Buddy's truck had tires in the grass while we unloaded his gear. I'm sure you get off my lawn type will still defend that.
5-I own my own gun range. Am a member at two private ranges and will always give a business a fair and honest assessment. I stand by my comments on that place.

Regards.
Here is the bottom line, You're a Jerk.
If you're a real shooter, you would have ear protection with you at all times. You're whining about range rules at a world class facility is indicative of a know nothing about how a range has to work, the insurance requirements, and the liability that those ranges have to pay for as well as you don't know the history of the range, and its original owner and his desire to have the best shooting facility in the US. It's a shame he died.
The rules of the range are do not park on the grass. If you or your ilk do not understand that, you're ignorant of the rules. Its simple. Don't park on the grass Not even one tire.
If you own your own range please stay there and don't bother the rest of us with your idiosyncrasies.
Nah. That place has gone downhill. Last couple times I was there, the workers were all jerks. I won't go back unless it's a really good match.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For everybody saying how terrible it is...I am all ears for a better solution in the area.
Red Castle is impossible to get into and indoor ranges suck.
I'd be curious to know what range here yall are going to that makes USSA seem like such a craphole. For real, where is this mythical shooting facility?

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nah. That place has gone downhill. Last couple times I was there, the workers were all jerks. I won't go back unless it's a really good match.

THIS breaks my heart. I shot a lot of matches and took some classes there when I was active and they were new to the scene. NEVER had a bad experience. ALWAYS got my money's worth and then some.

I am not for sure if I have the name of the group right so forgive me if I'm wrong but I believe Well-Armed Women, or someone they have associated with, is putting on a women's only shoot there at the end of this month.

I wasn't paying that much attention because I can't shoot anything hotter than a .22 right now, AND because I just feel weird at "women only" events but I did hear that there were SEVERAL guns being given away as prizes, as well as a bunch of other swag.

If you have a SO who is into that kind of stuff ... or who wants to try out shooting a BUNCH of different guns over the course of a day (I believe a Barrett was mentioned. :blush: ) you might mention it to them.

Don't quote me because I've slept since last night but I believe it was $85, with lunch provided. Let me go see if I can find a link.

Eta: Here's the link. https://www.ammoland.com/2017/05/4t...man-woman-oklahoma-state-shoot/#axzz4jK4CjnzG

Last edited:

Snake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For everybody saying how terrible it is...I am all ears for a better solution in the area.
Red Castle is impossible to get into and indoor ranges suck.
I'd be curious to know what range here yall are going to that makes USSA seem like such a craphole. For real, where is this mythical shooting facility?
I have a membership at a few different ranges. My favorite is OKCGC. Its fairly quiet..not crowded and best of all no range Nazis to ruin things. Since its yearly I don't have to deal with anyone FTF and theres a range for any favorite activity.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Found this on CalGuns:

"How sad. The USSA owner killed himself a few weeks ago, causing $2.3 million in loans on the property to go into default.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/a...56&archive=yes

Quote:
Tulsa businessman's death prompts bank to sue for foreclosure

by: ROBERT EVATT World Staff Writer
Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Although its founder died less than a month ago, United States Shooting Academy is facing a foreclosure lawsuit from F&M Bank & Trust.

The suit, filed in Tulsa County District Court on Sept. 3, says the business owes more than $2.3 million in loans plus interest, and it also seeks to have a receiver appointed for the property. The bank indicated in the suit that the death of Thomas Fee constitutes an event of default on the loans.

Additionally, a separate suit filed the same day by the Tulsa-based bank is seeking to foreclose on six pieces of property held by Fee's other business, Fee Oil & Gas Ltd., and tied to $3 million in loans. It also cites Fee's death as a default.

The properties are located in Caddo, Garvin, Grady, Latimer, McClain and Pittsburg counties.

Clark Brewster, a lawyer representing Fee's family and his businesses, said the loans were not in default before Fee died.

"I find it extraordinary that they would file these lawsuits two days after this man's death, before his funeral," he said.

Brewster said he and the family are optimistic they can negotiate with the bank to keep United States Shooting Academy operating. The facility has remained open after Fee's death.

Representatives of F&M Bank were unavailable for comment.

Fee founded USSA in 2005 and built its facilities at a cost of more than $5 million on 93 acres in the Cherokee Industrial Park in northern Tulsa County.

The site includes more than 30 pistol ranges, numerous 100-meter carbine ranges, a 300-meter rifle range, a 36-point practical-pistol competition range and a fully ballistic, live-fire training building.

Tulsa County Sheriff's Office records show that Fee was found dead shortly after midnight Sept. 1 at the USSA facilities at 6500 E. 66th St. North. He was unarmed, and the report lists the death as unattended.

The Medical Examiner's Office ruled Fee's death a suicide that was caused by asphyxiation, said office spokeswoman Cherokee Ballard. The office is still working on a full report of the death, she said.

F&M Bank's suit against USSA, which also lists Fee Oil & Gas LTD, The Tom Cat Revocable Trust and The Thomas L. Fee Trust, says F&M extended a $2 million loan to the shooting academy in May 2008 and an additional $312,700 loan in August 2008.

In the lawsuit against Fee Oil & Gas Ltd.'s properties, F&M says it loaned the company $3 million in October 2008."

So not a gunshot suicide but an "unattended death" would raise doubts. Sounds like either he hung himself, or he had help hanging himself and the investigation didn't find any or enough evidence to prove foulplay, although Cherokee Ballard said the ME's Office did rule it a suicide.

Latest posts

Top Bottom