Driver intentionally hits passing motorcycle...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Just like any other group, you can't lump all people of a category together in a generalization. There's always exceptions on both ends of the spectrum. For this reason, I don't sit at the row of seats near the windows at Braums, I've seen two older people (80's) hit the gas instead of the brake and drive into the restaurant. When going into or leaving the pharmacy, I don't walk between the front of the building when an older person parking. I usually just walk around behind them, there's been three instances in the last 5 years where older (80's and 90's) hit the gas instead of the brake and drove through the front glass.

The other extreme.................. Emil is 84yo and still wheeling with us like a 20yo. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It would be interesting to know what the statistics would look like if they could track unreported accidents. Like someone that drags their car down the side of the post at sonic or crinkles their bumper backing out of parking spot without realizing it and just drives on like nothing happened. Both things I've witnessed.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Or how many accidents are caused by "mature" drivers running 10-15 mph under the speed limit on expressways. All kidding aside, Baby Boomers range in age from 55-71, for the next 20-30 years the roads are going to be more deadly than the beaches of Normandy on D-Day. O

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
My experience is that the most dangerous drivers "generally" fall into one of the following classes:

1) Self-obsessed (like the driver in the video hitting the bike) to the extent they don't care what's going on around them, or who their driving affects, or how it affects others. That guy was an extreme, but the people who think they need to "police" the other drivers fall into this category as well.

2) Oblivious to the point they don't KNOW what's going on around them. Cell-phone users fall into this, but I've seen plenty of people not on phones who don't pay attention to what's going on around them in the car (or anywhere for that matter).

nich018

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually did a paper on this subject in college. I dont recall any specific details, but in general, senior citizens had the second highest chance of an accident behind teenagers. I dont think there's any arguing that cognition and eyesight degrade as time goes.

my parents fit this scenario to a "T'

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I give a rats ass what any "polls" and "statistics" say. Old people are dangerous as **** on the roads. I don't mean that to be offensive at all.

In my experience they are second most dangerous thing on the road, right behind people on their phones.

Just remember that if you live long enough you'll be in that category too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom