Oklahoma Adventure Trail

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My oldest son and his buddy just bought dual sport motorcycles and are looking for places to ride, and he called me this morning asking about the Oklahoma Adventure Trail. I‘d never heard of it and had to look it up, and it evidently ends not too far south of my house. Has anyone ever ridden it on a motorcycle?

If you have any other suggestions, he would appreciate them.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
If iirc the worst roads were in the NW part of the state lol. I know part of it west of Nash I wouldn't try it in any four wheeled vehicle after a heavy rain until they worked on the roads some a couple of years ago. It's not so bad now.

AdvRider918

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've done stretches of it on a 1200gs. It was fun, but one segment led us to a bridge that probably hadn't been in service for, oh 100 years or so. This was a few years ago hopefully the routing has been improved.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My oldest son and his buddy just bought dual sport motorcycles and are looking for places to ride, and he called me this morning asking about the Oklahoma Adventure Trail. I‘d never heard of it and had to look it up, and it evidently ends not too far south of my house. Has anyone ever ridden it on a motorcycle?

If you have any other suggestions, he would appreciate them.
Nice what ive been wanting for a while

Okie_dave

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It goes right in front of my cabin on the Illinois River. I think it is called the GOAT - Greater Okla Adventure Trail. I see dual sport, side by sides, and ATVs going down it all the time.

My son in law has a bunch of buddies who ride TW 200 cc bikes on it but I have never been.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never heard of the OAT, but it looks like fun. After looking at the route and pics, the pic labeled Taylor Ranch is a few miles from my place. I often drive that road when I need to decompress for a few minutes. The old Taylor Ranch is now mostly owned by the Kimball Ranch which is the biggest operating ranch in my part of the state.

Latest posts

Top Bottom