Duck Hunting this week

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reloader27

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hit Oologah this morning. On those ponds just north and east of the Verdigris. Only flyover I had was when I was breakin ice and setting decoys. Heard some other guys sounding like they had action, but I got skunked. Tried N4190 and N4210. Both of em turned to pure mud a ways out from the water. Had I been in a lighter vehicle I might have tried it, but my F350 diesel would have been a gonner, even in 4WD Lo.

Def. want to scout some more up there. Seems like it SHOULD be a great spot for duckin, but maybe not for some reason? Is the duck hunting always just ok? That place should be slammed with em....

So is N4190 and N4210 pretty flooded to where the roads are real muddy? Is there standing water on the roads? Did the timber look flooded? With the lake down I figured that area would not have been flooded and no good for ducks this season. The ponds you hunted were they just north of 60 right off of the highway or where were they exactly?

WacosSon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So is N4190 and N4210 pretty flooded to where the roads are real muddy? Is there standing water on the roads? Did the timber look flooded? With the lake down I figured that area would not have been flooded and no good for ducks this season. The ponds you hunted were they just north of 60 right off of the highway or where were they exactly?

They were super muddy - not flooded, but not passable in my 1 ton diesel. Water had filled the holes. Timber wasn't flooded, but no driveable path. Would be a challenge for anyone to get thru - even in a light truck. Ended up hunting the ponds right off the 60. Didn't have time to scout further - was a morning hunt before going into work.

Red Earth

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been sick as a dog this past few days...but conjured up enough strength to get out Sunday morning.

2 Mallards, 8 gaddys and 2 Ring necks.

The south side of the pond was frozen which made for 50 yard shots.... but we did manage to get a few for the pot!

Our young Chessie worked real well, the weather was great and there were hundreds of birds!

Another excellent weekend!

PJ

jalapeno

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
just a few from last weekend. went hunting with a few friends and got a workout for my dog.

Attachments

• harley and her ducks small.jpg
    harley and her ducks small.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 79

Latest posts

Top Bottom