Duck Hunting this week

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WacosSon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you don't mind me asking, was it better on the big water or on the streams flowing down? Lot of property up there, and without much time to scout I'm trying to gather all the quick info I can.

I never really hunted the big water myself, so I can't honestly say. Right after you cross over the Verdigris heading east, there are some holes on the north side of the road there that are mediocre. If you drive back a little further on some of those roads you can do a little better. Best spots I found were south of 60 in all of the timber. If you zoom in on that map, there is a road that goes south and it is marked N4190 Rd. You can make it down it, but it is a rough sumbitch. There are lots of little potholes and sloughs off to the sides of it depending on water level. You just really need to go in the daylight at least one time to mark those spots on a GPS so you can find them in the dark. That's about all the help I can give ya man, I hadn't lived there in a few years or it would be fresher on my mind. And another reason I hated living up there... the huntin sucked!

Hit Oologah this morning. On those ponds just north and east of the Verdigris. Only flyover I had was when I was breakin ice and setting decoys. Heard some other guys sounding like they had action, but I got skunked. Tried N4190 and N4210. Both of em turned to pure mud a ways out from the water. Had I been in a lighter vehicle I might have tried it, but my F350 diesel would have been a gonner, even in 4WD Lo.

Def. want to scout some more up there. Seems like it SHOULD be a great spot for duckin, but maybe not for some reason? Is the duck hunting always just ok? That place should be slammed with em....

WNM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Two of us hit a small pond this morning. Finished our limits off with ringnecks.

ai53.tinypic.com_r7r8lu.jpg

Jared

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went this morning and the south wind screwed with how I got to setup. Water I was on is extremely low so I used my layout blind and managed to scratch 2 shovelers and three mallards.

Reloader27

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
So is N4190 and N4210 pretty flooded to where the roads are real muddy? Is there standing water on the roads? Did the timber look flooded? With the lake down I figured that area would not have been flooded and no good for ducks this season.

JAKETHESNAKE

Marksman
Reaction score
Mind if I asked where abouts up there you went? I might have just had an off morning....

I can't say for sure not because I don't want too,but because I really don't know. I was just along for the ride. I really don't think it was much of a secret because there must of been 5 other groups hunting that morning. Best I can tell from looking at the map somewhere around New Alluwe.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My mallards seemed to have got blown out last night or something. Only had one flight of four that came in and they sat down out of range from the deeks. It was a windy sumbitch this mornin, which I like, but it was almost a little too much. Saw a few keels come out of the water! Had plenty of shovelers to fill the limit. They'll make good eatin for guests that come to my house. :)

[Broken External Image]

Latest posts

Top Bottom