Dumbest anti-gun statements

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Post up some dumb comments you've heard against guns. Here's one comment from an article about the Wanenmacher's show this weekend.

77570 posted 11 hours ago

It is not ABOUT blame, it is about responsibility. The criminal is abrogating his/her responsibility by stealing a gun, the gun owner is abrogating his/her responsibility by having a gun that CAN be stolen. There would not BE a criminal stealing guns if there were no guns in your house. I have no gun that can be stolen and used to hurt someone. I believe that when you choose to own a gun (which you have the right to do) you are choosing to accept or acknowledge that your gun may be used, on purpose or accidentally to hurt someone. While it is your right to own the gun, I believe it is a selfish act to put your desire to have a gun over the possibility/probability that someone will get hurt or killed. The very act of buying the gun is what constitutes being the accessory to the crime if someone gets hurt or killed with your gun, that you chose to buy. If you had not chosen to buy the gun, no one would have gotten hurt or killed with it. If Oscar Pistorious had not bought a gun his girlfriend would be alive. Simple as that.

daniel1daniel2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im sure everyone has seen this one BUT:
images.jpg

Here it is again :D

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Post up some dumb comments you've heard against guns. Here's one comment from an article about the Wanenmacher's show this weekend.

77570 posted 11 hours ago

It is not ABOUT blame, it is about responsibility. The criminal is abrogating his/her responsibility by stealing a gun, the gun owner is abrogating his/her responsibility by having a gun that CAN be stolen. There would not BE a criminal stealing guns if there were no guns in your house. I have no gun that can be stolen and used to hurt someone. I believe that when you choose to own a gun (which you have the right to do) you are choosing to accept or acknowledge that your gun may be used, on purpose or accidentally to hurt someone. While it is your right to own the gun, I believe it is a selfish act to put your desire to have a gun over the possibility/probability that someone will get hurt or killed. The very act of buying the gun is what constitutes being the accessory to the crime if someone gets hurt or killed with your gun, that you chose to buy. If you had not chosen to buy the gun, no one would have gotten hurt or killed with it. If Oscar Pistorious had not bought a gun his girlfriend would be alive. Simple as that.

Fortunately, we have over 230 years of American Jurisprudence that disagrees with the author of that particular gem. :D

BallisticBiker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Dear William:
That is why I asked Vice President Joe Biden to identify concrete steps we can take to keep our children safe, help prevent mass shootings, and reduce the broader epidemic of gun violence in this country.
I have put forward a specific set of proposals based off of his efforts, and in the days ahead, I intend to use whatever weight this office holds to make them a reality.
These are reasonable, commonsense measures that have the support of the majority of the American people. But change will not come unless the American people demand it from their lawmakers. Now is the time to do the right thing for our children, our communities, and the country we love. We owe the victims of heartbreaking national tragedies and the countless unheralded tragedies each year nothing less than our best effort—to seek consensus in order to save lives and ensure a brighter future for our children.

Thank you, again, for writing. I encourage you to visit www.WhiteHouse.gov/NowIsTheTime to learn more about my Administration’s approach.

Sincerely,

Barack Obama"

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I pulled a handful of change out of the bottom of my purse one time. In that pile of change was a 9mm bullet. The clerk looked at me, and with all sincerity said "Aren't you afraid that thing is gonna go off?" :faint:

(OK, so it's not an anit-gun statement, per se, but she did tell me in that conversation that she didn't believe in guns ... What?? You don't "believe" in guns? What is this? A fictional life where we get to pick and choose what we "believe in"?? Hell, if I'd known that I know 3 boys that would have so not been "believed in" when they all hit puberty ... :fallangel)

Latest posts

Top Bottom