Earthquake felt in Lawton Area at 10:53 - anyone else feel it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The house started shaking mildly, there was a noise like a heavy wind, and the hanging lights began to sway gently.

I've slept through two others in California (over 15 years ago) - this was the first one I noticed. My German Shepherd became visibly agitated about 15-30 seconds before I noticed anything.

Anyone else feel this one? USGS says it was a 5.2

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife and I were sitting in the movies, Carmike 8, when it happened. She thought it was someone banging on the chairs. I told her it was an earthquake.

Being in the theater, I wasn't going to get up and yell earthquake. I was watching the ceiling to see if any of the tiles started falling before deciding to boogie out. It stopped and everyone in the theater started murmering. Alot of cell phones started lighting up.

A few moments later, an usher came in and called out "everyone OK?". Someone said "What was that?". She said "Earthquake".

My wife and I discussed the size. I thought it was around a 6 and told her. She said, "no it was a 5".

Dave

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife and I were sitting in the movies, Carmike 8, when it happened. She thought it was someone banging on the chairs. I told her it was an earthquake...
My wife and I discussed the size. I thought it was around a 6 and told her. She said, "no it was a 5".

Dave

Husband says it was a 6, wife says 5 - sounds like the build up for a good punch line!

j-dubb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Same thing here in Henryetta. Lasted alot longer then the one earlier this morning. The one at 2am was I think a 4.7 this one was a 5.6. Felt pretty cool, I've felt a bunch of small aftershocks as well. Facebook can be a helpful tool sometimes. People are reporting it everywhere in Oklahoma of course, but some of my friends in Kansas and Texas posted at the same time saying they felt it there as well.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Weird stuff.
It is now 1:19AM (or is that 12:19AM)
My cat is starting to freak out. Don't know if she is just jumpy from before or what.
If we get another one shortly, I'll pay more attention to her!!

Dave

Latest posts

Top Bottom