First time you fired a shot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well when was the first time you fired a gun. For me it was an Iver Johnson 22 revolver. My grandpa took me down to the creek and let me shoot at old five gallon buckets. Must have been 1980 or so. I still have the Iver Johnson 22 in my safe.
I was 4 years old. Don't know if it was before or after the divorce, but dad put a ratty old SAA Colt .45 Long in my hands, and cocked it for me. I managed to pull the trigger using both hands, and it knocked me over on my butt. And I fell in love with shooting. :woohoo1:

Cat City Slim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My first memory of shooting was with a very old single shot 22 my grandfather bought for me. I’d guess I was 4 or 5. I haven’t seen the rifle in years, I assume it’s still in the closet at my parents house.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m had a BB gun at 9, at 10 ( 1973) I was with my grandfather and uncle walking down some railroad tracks outside of Lockney Texas, my granddad let me shoot his .12 ga. Steven’s double and then my uncle let me shoot his Remington .16 ga. Semi auto, couldn’t wait to get back to the house to show my grandmother my bruised arm, I was hooked for life !!

Latest posts

Top Bottom