EarthQuake

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok ... I thought I was the only one up at this ungodly hour. I live over by Lake Overholser. This was the second one strong enough for me to feel. I could really do without them -- my first thought both times has been "Oh shat ... I hope that plane coming down doesn't hit MY house!" lol

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, that one woke me and my little dog up off the couch out here in rural Wagoner county. And Im a California transplant. Wife and kid slept right thru it- born and bred Okies. Im usually up all night and sleep during the day but I passed out while watching "The Wizard of Oz" on TBS.

The last good one I remember being in was one we had in northern California in March 2000. It was about 7am, a 5-ish on the Richter. Woke us up out of bed. We werent far from the epicenter on that one, me and my ex ran out into the front yard and it was still shaking for about a minute, when we went back in we a little mess to clean up. I still own that place and still live there now part time. Its in Arnold Ca just a few miles from San Andreas and the San Andreas fault line- the place they say will be where 'the big one' will be located at some day.

I was going to college in San Francisco and living in Oakland during the big quake in 89' that killed 40 something people in Oakland. I was on my way out to my brothers place in Monterey to watch the World Series when it hit. Didnt do any damage to the little hole in the wall apartment I lived in though- it was as messy before the quake as it was after.

Last edited:

Don

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
That was interesting first time for me. The house shook my granddaughters rabbit started thumping out her warning signal my hart rate jumped up, I had no idea what was happing, picked up my S&W (that calmed me right down) a quick walk through the house uncovered nothing out of the ordinary it was not until I got on okshooters that I found out what had happed I would prefer not to experience that again.

prophet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I woke up around the time it happened but thought nothing of it and went back to sleep. When i lived in cali i slept through a 6.8 though...

Latest posts

Top Bottom