#@!$ ^&% Earthquake!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okey-Dokey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So funny because anyone at my work who has a spouse that works in the energy industry, they will claim their spouse denies to the last breath that it's causing earthquakes.

I wonder how much longer this whole mess will go on before the O&G industry admits they probably are causing the quakes. Perhaps if one of the CEO's mansions is leveled by a big temblor?

briarcreekguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, I'll play. I don't work for the energy sector or have anyone in my family that does. Now I'm an older fellow, in my 50's, and I remember learning in High School, that Oklahoma was one of the most geologically active states in the Union. I don't remember the exact numbers, but we had more earthquakes than California, though most of them were very small. My families home was built on a limestone ridge, with the foundation in direct contact with the bedrock. I can remember many a hot summer night, lying in bed, listening to the windows vibrate in their frames from the small earth tremors. This was back in the 70's, and while fracking existed, it wasn't on the scale it is today. Google the fault zones in Oklahoma and you will find that there are multiple faults throughout the state.

So funny because anyone at my work who has a spouse that works in the energy industry, they will claim their spouse denies to the last breath that it's causing earthquakes.

1krr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Yeah it's funny. Having worked at a couple, you wouldn't believe the amount of propaganda they put out to employees. It becomes self fullfilling after a while because the culture at these places is so strict. It's even funnier because now that it's become obvious that oil/gas industry is responsible for the earthquakes, they are starting to sow the seeds that it isn't fracking, it's disposal wells. They spin it like disposal wells and fracking are mutually exclusive so when the public outcry finally reaches levels the paid for politicians can't ignore, they can keep fracking while disposing of the toxic frack water in some other way and get a few more decades out of the process.

Latest posts

Top Bottom