Election 2012

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vote

• Total voters

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
While i would like to think the poll is flawed, it is about split 80-20 which is about all one can expect in a red state such as ours.

So far most agree that both canidates suck, but most will vote for Romney just to boot Obama. I see no reason that would compel me to change my vote, just as i cant give them a reason to change thiers.

And that's the thing there, is that people who want a smaller, less in your face -er, wallet and bedroom, financially responsible government, have no real choice in this election. My previous post, when I asked "How different are they?" I was referring to the fact that both have sponsored invasive government health care packages, and neither are true 2A supporters. Both are willing to sacrifice personal liberties and rights for "the greater good" whatever the heck that is, as defined by their party.

How do you choose between ******** and horsecrap?

Unfortunately, on this go round, there's no "grass is greener on the other side." It's more of "on which side is the bubba that's wanting to bend you over have less warts?"

wiley_coyote

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just goes to show you what a sad state this country is in when we have to choose between a junior senator/ community organizer and a venture capitalist for POTUS. Oh and I know that Obama now has over three yrs experience as POTUS to add to his resume but it has'nt seemed to help much lately, and that Romney was a governer but was'nt all that successful while in office. I do believe in on the job training eccept when it comes to holding this country's highest office. Further, I would venture to say that 95% of the people who hold office don't give a crap about helping to better the lives of the american people. For them it's all about carreer, ideology, money, and power. I will however be voting for Romney simply because I hope and think he would appoint more conservative supreme court justices and I still believe in exercising one of the rights we still have left.

VladdDImpaler

Marksman
Reaction score
I don't think he is the greatest president, but he is certainly not the worst.

I agree that he is not the worst president in our nations history. He isn't a James Buchanan or a Warren G. Harding (I can't see Obama being very good at poker). Even so, I still believe he has not met the standards we need a man of his office to meet. It is time to give someone else a go.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Romney is nothing but a suit and a haircut spouting whatever he thinks the audience he's addressing that day wants to hear.
Obama has been more centrist than I expected, but his Supreme Court appointments have been appalling, jurists that put personal views ahead of the Constitution.

I suspect, for the first time since I became old enough to vote in 1976 that I won't be able to bring myself to vote for either candidate.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Name a judge or justice that doesn't.

They are humans not machines, their personal beliefs will always have a part in their decisions.Much like most on this site, we all know we're right about certain things.I guess we could fire the SCOTUS and replace them with a computer.That said obama's appointments would reflect his liberal/community organizer mentality.They might be thinly veiled in moderate leanings but they will be much worse than what Romney will appoint.

Latest posts

Top Bottom