Electric Tillers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got the older model Earthwise model and it's a beast! It will churn up anything that has been softened up by rain. If you tried to till up drought cracked untouched soil in the middle of August you would just be spinning your wheels. It will do some jumping around until it digs in like most front tine units, but light enough to manage. Only problem I've had out of mine is our builders used some kind of plastic mesh netting under the sod so it gets tangled in tines easily. So much for micro-plastics management.:doh:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have both of them, the Mantis and the Greenworks. That damn Greenworks is either on or off, there is no middle speed. You had better be ready when you pull that trigger.

The Mantis has a power curve and it is a great two finger start except when it doesn't. Then you have to prime it and/or choke it depending upon your psychotic state of mind at the time.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mulch!

https://getchipdrop.com/
Most of the worlds problems could be solved with a good covering of mulch. The rest require violence
We just acquired 20+, 7 yard dump trailers of wood chips left from a company that trims trees in Ponca City.
The chips had been sitting for almost 5 years so were mostly broken down at the time we moved them. We scattered them over two friend's big gardens, smoothed them out and I tilled them in with the three point tiller on the tractor. Fantastic fertilizer.
I don't garden anymore because of our travels but there is an asparagus patch where the garden used to be, so I piled about 6" of that mulch on top and watered it in.
With the day and night temps coming up, the asparagus should really do well this spring.
We have already had a few sprouts prior to this cold spell.

Latest posts

Top Bottom