Emails sent to Our Senators

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The following is an email I sent to our Senators .
As stated in The Declaration of Independence .

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. But some who have been voted into office do not hold true to this. They think it is just fine for them and theirs to have protection . They have armed security and have multiple firearms at their disposal to protect them, but yet they want to limit or even take away our firearms . In this they are saying that we are not longer equal. And by them trying to disarm us they are trying to take from us life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. For without firearms I am unable to protect my family and my lives. And this also takes away from my liberty and without security of life and liberty it denies my right given by God our creator the right of happiness. There are several reasons for the second amendment in my opinion . #1 The ability to hunt if I wish to use that as a way to help put food on my table. #2 For sport if I so choose to us as a way to enjoy life ( going to the range for training ) #3 To be able to defend my family and myself from people wishing to do us harm. #4 As a last resort to prevent tyranny .

A few quotes and a few comments on each.

#1 ”A free people ought to be armed.”
~George Washington
#2 ”No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave. He, who has nothing, and who himself belongs to another, must be defended by him, whose property he is, and needs no arms. But he, who thinks he is his own master, and has what he can call his own, ought to have arms to defend himself, and what he possesses; else he lives precariously, and at discretion.”
~James Burgh

#3 ”No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.”
~Thomas Jefferson

#4 ”From the hour the Pilgrims landed, to the present day, events, occurrences, and tendencies prove that to insure peace, security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable . . . the very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that is good”
~George Washington

#5 .”… arms … discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property…. Horrid mischief would ensue were (the law-abiding) deprived the use of them.”
~Thomas Paine

#6 ”Arms in the hands of citizens may be used at individual discretion in private self defense.”
~John Adams

As many have stated including our Founding Fathers that arms are important to the American People . Without them we are but slaves to those who wish to control us. This point was so important to America that out Nation decided to break from England and form our own country. Many great Americans have laid down their lives for the freedoms we now enjoy and we would in essence be desecrating the very graves of them who freely gave their lives to bring that freedom to us. And in closing To support gun control in any form is a break from the constitution in which we as Americans are sworn to protect ( Foreign or domestic) .

And as a man elected to serve the people by the people I ask that you would be willing to attend the Pro second amendment rally at the Capitol Saturday January 19th @12 noon and stand side by side your fellow Oklahomans fighting for their rights .

Latest posts

Top Bottom