Emotional toll of earthquakes ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okies are freaking out about 10x more than Californians would over a quake, it's actually kind of hilarious.
Laugh all you want. It's all about what you're used to. Put most of those Californians in a wheatfield with tornadoes all around , none of them would like it. Personally, I could do without the stupid earthquakes. 5.0 whatever isn't gonna do much damage but I don't like it.

B

BoSox110

I'm gone for work all the time so i didn't even know about the earthquakes but they couldnt be that bad. Maybe like sitting in one of those massage chairs on high.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
... during a drought ... And that's not too much of a stretch ... I could see it happening ...

Just another day in paradise ...

It is. I have cousins in Kalifornica, made big, big money after the earthquake in 92 or so Building Contractors. They even had Oprah, Kelsey Grammer, or however you spell it, as clients. What was funny, my cousin, said and this was over ten years ago, he bid on a Cher Bono deal and thinks he did not get it because he was not young and good looking. DUH, My cousin is no idiot. So I am happy to see the economy was so great before Obummer, but that was some years ago, Just let me say this. We have no earthquake insurance here for the most part. I should just shut up and open more cheap wine. Good night, and good luck as Edward R. Murrow said. I am sure there are some here on the forum who will blast what I say, well, when you grow up, call me in heaven.

Mechanicalmehem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know, my sister was and still is wigged the f--k out about them, yeah she lives about 1/2 a mile from the epi-center, but still they didn't get any real damage-luckily, but she did wig out enough times on the phone with my mom that my mom and dad came home from a vacation to check it all(dad was working, mom was vacationing). I'm personally thinking, here I am, if he wants me and its my time, then come get me.
--Mech

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know, my sister was and still is wigged the f--k out about them, yeah she lives about 1/2 a mile from the epi-center, but still they didn't get any real damage-luckily, but she did wig out enough times on the phone with my mom that my mom and dad came home from a vacation to check it all(dad was working, mom was vacationing). I'm personally thinking, here I am, if he wants me and its my time, then come get me.--Mech

That's me ... but I AM gonna get some earthquake insurance to go along with that flood insurance ... I'm not gonna spend my last 20 or so years being a door greeter at Wal-Mart just because I was too cheap to pay an extra $50 a month for insurance.

Mechanicalmehem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, at State Farm after a 5.0 they require a 30 day waiting period before they can insure anyone with quake insurance. most of the other agencies are after a 3.0...so my agent tells me...
--Mech

Latest posts

Top Bottom