Emotional toll of earthquakes ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good friggin' grief ... Channel Four just did a news story on the "emotional toll" that natural disasters, specifically the recent earthquakes causes folks. WTF is wrong with people?? Pull up your big boy panties, or big girl panties, as the case may be and deal with it. Life is not all sunshine. I don't like earthquakes either but I'm not gonna curl up in the fetal position, puking my guts up in fear of the anticipation of the next one ... for heaven's sake ...

:soapbox:

OK, all you sensitive types ... flame away ...

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It didn't bother me a bit. Sorry. I am a science teacher and that darn earthquake has been the best teaching tool I have had all year. These kids wanna know it all. How, When, Why, When, What... you name it.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Allow me to remind you of the December, 2007 ice storm and the time stared in disbelief as a grown-ass yuppie man bawled like a proverbial baby because the Lowe's we were standing in was out of generators.

I don't mean the dude's eyes watered...I mean it was full-on tears down the cheeks, unintelligible blubbering because his house fell below room temperature. I'm sure he could be found sitting in his office on Monday, crying on the phone because his agent wouldn't sell him earthquake insurance for a couple weeks.

When the time comes these types will be the first to be, as ignerntbend so eloquently puts it...eated. Fajita meat in a cardigan.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought it was pretty cool to experience a relatively mild and short-lived quake. My biggest concern during the quakes was, "Am I going to have to deal with a mess of insurance paperwork? Is my house even insured against earthquakes??"

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm so emotionally distraught and such a nervous wreck over these earthquakes I am turning in my Man Card. I just can't take it any more...

i31.photobucket.com_albums_c359_akbushcop_revoked_man_card.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom